What the path taken by Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman looks like now

Originally published at: What the path taken by Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman looks like now | Boing Boing

8 Likes

That was excellent! Thanks for pointing it out.

6 Likes

Very cool. Sleepy Hollow is just under an hour away and on the way to Mrs Peas’ family on Long Island, so we’ve visited a number of times. I wasn’t aware of the bridge by the “swamp”, but have spent many hours in the cemetery of the Dutch church. The headstones there are amazing, with inscriptions so old they’re in old Dutch; some are really weird narratives, too. Hot tip: if you visit intending to see Irving’s grave, you should be aware that there are two cemeteries that are contiguous. Irving is in the “new” section uphill. My sister and her kids had to make two trips the first time they visited because they assumed it was down by the church.

3 Likes

now THIS is the Halloween content i crave. Well done, Scouting NY!

4 Likes

1 Like

I live not far from Sleepy Hollow and told the tale to a during a witch paddle in the town. We were all dressed up as witches, and after the story we all hit the water.

That is not what I pictured for the phrase “witch paddle” and am glad I was wrong.

HINT: My thought was more like “Whacking Day” from the Simpsons

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.