What was the most boring day in history, according to statistics?

Originally published at: What was the most boring day in history, according to statistics? | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Last two, last six, last few hundred…

7 Likes

I’m all for making many more boring days, the sooner the better.

18 Likes

“may you live in boring times”

13 Likes

Just think about what that day was like in Canada.

6 Likes

To quote from the wonderfully fun uber-nerdly text of Curious and Interesting Numbers, David Wells:

39: This is the first uninteresting number, which of course makes it an especially interesting number, because it’s the smallest number to have the property of being uninteresting.

4 Likes

Nice how the whole thing winds up as an ad for Hello Fresh. How boring.

5 Likes

“Most boring day in human history” [does not equal] “date that has a the fewest number of Western, Anglo-centric culture facts associated with it”

All they’re really saying is, that of the places that get attention in American/Western culture/media, few things were happening. But let’s face it, they’re ignoring most of the world most likely, and shit was going down. Heck, even in the US, you had a whole lot of ongoing events - segregation, McCarthyism, polio… none of that shit was boring (i.e. non-stressful), even if it was normal.

8 Likes

Most days around here are the most boring and then another day comes along that’s even more most boring.

Not this one, it’s raining or I’d go take a picture, but a plaque like this has been in our yard for 35+ years.

5 Likes

The Canadiens played in game 5 of the Stanley Cup final on April 11, 1954, winning 1-0 in overtime. Perhaps much of Canada was quite boring on that day, but it couldn’t have been as boring as April 17, 1954, the day after Detroit won the series. :wink:

1 Like

Two days after I was born. Hmm.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.