Whatcha Playin'? Continue?

In defense of the NeverEnding Story, the first sequel was just the second half of the book. It doesn’t excuse the quality of the second and third movies, by any means, but it does (somewhat) justify the existence of the first sequel.

2 Likes

Thanks for starting this thread. I noticed just today that the offworld top-level category (which I think was devoted to gaming) is closed to new posts.

1 Like

Hasbro is reaping what they have sown

1 Like

Well? Is it any good, or no? /s

The last board game I was really into was Gloomhaven, which was pretty great. A video game version was on the Epic Store for free a little while ago, but I haven’t played it at all yet, so I’m not sure how it translates.

1 Like

If you have ever wanted to try your hand at game development, RPG in a Box, a game engine for creating isometric RPGS is free to keep forever on the Epic Game Store. Is it good? Maybe? But…FREE!

2 Likes

I like it when RPGs give you plenty of narrative choices, but this might be too much:

From Pillars of Eternity

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Saints Row 4: Re-Elected is free now in the Epic Games Store. Eight years old, generally positive reviews, can’t go wrong with free.

I haven’t played it, but I played the second one. It was goofy and fun, I expect this is similar. This version has cross-platform cooperative play, too, if that’s your thing.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/saints-row-iv-re-elected

3 Likes

I’m hooked on redactle. If I’m counting days correctly, it took me 9 tries to solve the same puzzle, which is definitely my best score to date.

1 Like

Stephen Hawking?

Nope, that was 19. Still one of my best scores, but Wall Street Journal was the one I got in 9.

1 Like

Nice! Wall Street Journal took me a bit, I think it was around 50. My brain was stuck on a path where I thought it was a book or magazine, I think.

I will often guess “history” as one of my first five to get a sense of where that section of the page is, if it exists. I just happened to use it as my first guess for Stephen Hawking, and saw A XXXXX History of XXXX. I guessed time next, then the name. So lucky.

Yeah, “history” is one of my first guesses usually. Along with some state-of-being verbs that don’t get filled in automatically, forms of “use” and a few others.

1 Like

After solving a puzzle, I’ve taken to running the article through a word counter, and picking through the common words for additions to my go-to list.

1 Like

That’s a great idea. Use/uses are good ones. First, early, world, and united often help to build context in paragraphs for me, too.

Area, era, age. War. First last, early middle late, biggest smallest. Year, decade, century. Born, died. Discovered, invented, wrote, written.

1 Like

The 2nd one was straight laced compared to 3 & 4. You’re in for a treat.

2 Likes

Steam is having a sale on digital boardgames, in case anybody has any they wanted to play, but could not due to lack of local players

1 Like

Oh well, I guess it stays on the backlog a little longer

1 Like