Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

Very violent, weird premise, and interesting cast. Gave it a shot despite the negative reviews. I’d give it a six out of ten for social commentary and a few amusing scenes:

4 Likes

Everyone got along famously. It’s part of Gunn’s process to ensure he’s enlisting a group of decent humans. He even called his ex-wife, Jenna Fischer, who’d worked with Elba briefly on “The Office” to make sure the actor wasn’t a jerk. (Fischer had only lovely things to say about Elba).

idris elba actor GIF

6 Likes

You know, I still think it’s kind of amazing that a guy who started his career with Troma is now a high profile director.

lloyd kaufman return to return to nuke 'em high aka volume 2 GIF by Troma Entertainment

4 Likes

Is Gunn’s version any good then? Looks like it’s out tomorrow in the UK but i’ve not seen a great deal of reaction to it, good or bad. I never did manage to sit through the entirety of the previous one.

I just finished this creepy little Icelandic series. It’s from the creators of Trapped, but it’s in the horror/supernatural genre. I can’t really describe it without spoilers.

2 Likes

seconded on Katla!
I have been loving all the Icelandic, Norwegian, Danish, French and German series that Netflix has dredged up.
currently watching a strange Polish one called The Mire '97.
jury still out on that one. intriguing, but damn wierd.

3 Likes

Pleasantly surprised.

Re: Black Widow, I was so disappointed. They evidently didn’t give a crap whether the action sequences were even slightly believable. Or the relationships, for that matter.

August 6 in the USA.

2 Likes

Let the WILD SPECULATIONS commence…

I want either Michaela Cole or Richard Ayoade, personally.

6 Likes

damn.
I really enjoyed her Doctor.
I really hope they can keep the show alive, but I fear the combined total of canon has become top heavy and may need major reboot or total retcon to continue.
this dubious pronouncement by a total Whovian nutcase that has bought into every twisted change of vision brought by various showrunners and actors in the very long history of the program(me).
fave Doctors? Eccelston and Capaldi.
fave companions? Romana and Rose Tyler (I know. hate me now, but I loved Rose Tyler.)

3 Likes

thats-brilliant

3 Likes

I’m seeing Katla compared to Dark in some places. Would you agree with that assessment? If so, it would bring the series to the very top of my “To Watch” list because I loved Dark.

2 Likes

I mean, it kind of already has? Back in the day, Time Lords could only regeneration 12 times, and now the Doctor has limitless regenerations because they’re the ur-Time Lord who came from someone else that the Galifreyan’s figure out the technology for regenerations. They’ve always done that, though, constantly revamped the Doctor along the way.

I’d say Tom Baker, Matt Smith, and Jodie Whittaker…

Romana, Sarah Jane, Zoey!, Ace, Jamie, Captain Jack… I like Rose, too… and Donna.

zoe-jamie-oh-well

2 Likes

damn.
how did I neglect Sarah Jane?!
never really considered Cpt. Jack so much a companion as a sort of compatriot, (secret of Face of Bo notwithstanding) but yeah!

2 Likes

There are similarities in tone. I take comparisons like that with a grain of salt, but in this case I would say you should give Katla a try.

I only watched the first season of Dark, and I thought it was excellent but I found it a challenge to keep the characters straight through the timelines. Katla is simpler but you still have to pay attention to how the characters connect to one another.

3 Likes

Sold! I will start watching this weekend.

2 Likes

9 Likes

the K-9 is my knee scooter (I’m a BKA peg leg).
I apologize in advance for the shameless geek-out in dropping this here. it was a very special moment. forgive me.

18 Likes

What did you think of Widows?
Love Steve McQueen

1 Like

I enjoyed it way more than I expected to; I’d say I’m surprised that I didn’t hear more buzz about it, but I can hazard a guess as to the reason why.

3 Likes