Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

I have to say i’m easily seduced by spectacle films like this on huge IMAX screens whose flaws reveal themselves on subsequent viewings but it still hooked me in like a damn fish. It gets a bit impressionistic in places which is a bold move for a production with such a huge budget sunk into it and the design is just gorgeous, i’m not one for militaristic hardware but gimme those beautiful ornithopters.

9 Likes
6 Likes
11 Likes

Locke & Key Season 2, Episode 3 is nightmare fuel (for arachnophobes)! Should’ve saved it for Halloween.
:grimacing: :scream:

3 Likes

That show got a second season?

I gave up on it about halfway through S1.

2 Likes

IKR? At least they are starting to shift away from the stupid choices of the kids and involve the adults more. Darby Stanchfield and Aaron Ashmore were wasted in the first season. Now Brendan Hines has joined the cast and has a good role, too.

2 Likes

Or maybe some other creature that is wrangled with hooks.

maker-hooks

4 Likes

You totally just nailed what made me stop watching that series; at varying times, I found each of the children’s behavior so unbelievably moronic, it was damn near insulting.

3 Likes

Today, I finally got around to finishing up Midnight Mass. Damn…that was good.

1 Like
5 Likes
1 Like

Netflix recommended a movie starring Jimmy O. Yang. After watching for 30 minutes, I realized the title should’ve been Catfished at Christmas, or something. My reaction…

3 Likes

Idris Elba. Regina King. Zazie Beets.
A classic revenge Western that Tarantino wishes he’d made (probably).

10 Likes

Just watched it for the second time in two days.

Dope a/f; I thoroughly enjoyed it.

8 Likes

“It’s a white town,”
Yup…

I really liked it, fast, funny, stylish, great music and a fantastic cast. Totally watching it again.

6 Likes

ITA.

No spoilers, but Cuffee is totally my favorite character…

5 Likes

Mine, too. Kinda wish the actress played Mary, tho…crisscross casting. :thinking:

4 Likes

Yeah, the colorism is really my only problem with the film, even though I did like Zazzie Beets’ Jim Crow Count.

Also, tell it wasn’t just me; doesn’t the actress who played Cuffee look like a slightly younger, more chocolate version of Taraji P Henson?

4 Likes

I thought it was her until I took a second look! :laughing:

4 Likes

Good to know it wasn’t just me…

4 Likes