Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

I am so unbelievably hyped for this. I would not have guessed that they’d roll out season 2 this soon. Season 1 only came out in, what, August?

5 Likes

Oh good! I was surprised by how much fun this was and am looking forward to the second season…

4 Likes

Another Life on Netflix, starring Katee Sackhoff:

On the plus side, the writing is interesting (MOTW, and the crew of the vessel isn’t too small to be believable). The personalities and interactions of the crew members makes me wonder who was in charge of the applicant screening/selection process, though.

4 Likes

I managed, somehow, to make it through the first series but i just hated it and all the characters, i wanted every one of them to be killed off in ever brutal and inventive ways. All of it was just entirely derivative of much better sci-fi as well. It’s a real waste of Sackhoff’s talents because she is doing a lot of heavy lifting with the poor material she is given.

6 Likes

In the future, spaceship crews will be made up of people that just can’t get along with others. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

It’s like they decided that you get the best drama by having all the characters shout and scream at each all the time and of course that’s the best way to operate a starship in deep space, right? I did initially think that Rimmer William was quite decent but i guess he turned into a bit of a creepy stalker?

4 Likes

Part way through season 2…

2 Likes

At least when Stargate Universe tried that it could be justified as being whatever ragtag bunch of folks were closest to the gate when the base started collapsing, and they managed to (mostly) course-correct by the end of the season.

Still actually bitter we’ll never get to see that myth arc get finished.

7 Likes

My head canon was always that SGC and Atlantis always got the best of the best. Not much faith was put in Rush’s project so they got whoever was left.

2 Likes

Well if they are full of libertarian bro colonist fanbois of our billionaire overlords, yes.

7 Likes

I say we push them all through the MuskGate now. For science.

6 Likes

Or like, an airlock so they can explore deep space?

3 Likes

Some excellent points on the limitations of the story in “Maid”:

5 Likes

“South Side” has moved to HBOMax and season two starts today!

4 Likes

This is on Amazon:

6 Likes

It turns out the “new POC 007” was just a foil for the White Guy to come in and save the day…

Go Away No GIF by phlywheel

4 Likes

I figured that was a given from the first announcement.

The real test I guess will be to see what they do next. Are they going to reboot or do we just get a new 007?

I would love a new 007, if it’s Lashana Lynch!

2 Likes

Really brings home the point that the genocide of native peoples by white colonists didn’t happen in the past, it is ongoing using cultural erasure, food deserts, addiction, and metabolic disease in place of blades and bullets.

I came away wishing they had spent more time on food sovereignty and traditions and less on chef’s table style profiles of the activists they followed, but there’s a lot to like anyway.

6 Likes

They’re about four decades off with a teenager named Mildred supposedly from the 1970s on the new 4400

It’s such a jarring mistake one has to wonder if they did it on purpose and it’s some kind of clue

1 Like