The Expanse season 4 trailer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/19/the-expanse-season-4-trailer.html

2 Likes

Cannot wait. This and Lost In Space , fantastic looking Canadian productions.

11 Likes

this season is based on the book that was my least favorite in the series - too much planet, not enough space ship

But I suspect they will do a better job with it.

3 Likes

I think the book this season was based on (Cibola Burn) was one of the weaker in the series, but I’m excited to see more of the excellent cast.

6 Likes

I power watched all the previous seasons about a month ago. So ready.

2 Likes

I’m really glad this series got saved from cancellation. It’s solid from every angle.

7 Likes

Amos, be still my heart :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Get back in there. Season 2 was some of the best on-screen scifi ever. Season 3 wasn’t far behind.

11 Likes

Yeppers. Episode 5 of that particular season was so good.

ABOUT! FRICKIN’! TIME! :sunglasses:

Nice to see a space series where spacecraft are shown decelerating as they near their destinations. “Physics” should be in these scripts; more interesting that way.

3 Likes

Amen - Flip and burn. You never see the Enterprise coming in for standard orbit facing backwards.

4 Likes

The future promise of zero-inertia.

1 Like

I keep myself afloat till the start of the new season with “for all mankind”; not much people talk about, but its pretty great and actually I felt in love with the series after episode 5.

a timeline I would like to live.

3 Likes

Pedantry warning

“Deceleration” is an iffy concept when talking rendezvous and orbital mechanics. In pure physics, it’s a null word - as a vector quantity, acceleration always has a positive (or zero) magnitude. Utimately, you must accelerate (in some direction) to match your target’s velocity.

But yep, it’s sooooo good to see the engines pointing at the destination on approach. Unless you’re landing somewhere with a lot of gravity, it will always have to be that way.

Add in details like the tug drones to push ships out of dock and handle large maneuvers - there’s a lot of good space-nerd service in this show.

…and that doesn’t even get to the excellent storylines and acting. Avasarala! Amos!

I may be a little bit excited.

7 Likes

I miss the show that was about the despair and futility of being trapped in the solar system, detesting each other, while the cold stars of space stared back down upon us.
Because that is how it is
and that is how it’s always going to be
so we might as well make art about it.

2 Likes

Agreed. It is an amazing show so far. Can’t wait to see where it goes.

2 Likes

Story of my life…

8 Likes

Huh, I was trying to stay ahead of the TV series by reading (or rather listening to) the books, but I just could not get through Cibola Burn. Is it worth persevering?

Sounds good to me; throughout series two and three, I was constantly wishing that they’d spend less time focusing on the crew of the Rosinante and more time on Mars, Earth and the Belt.

Jim Holden is the least interesting character in the show, IMO; I was severely annoyed when they killed Miller. I want less shooty zoomy action, and more politics and intrigue.