Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

Indeed.

It also speaks to the experience of older women in society, as well as personal and familial acceptance.

Truly a brilliant film, on so many levels.

6 Likes

All of that, and more. It was so over-the-top creatively but so warm - and sad. Then hilarious, then serious. It was all over the place! But never once was it stupid. I absolutely loved it. It made me laugh and cry and think and I am really looking forward to watching it again.

5 Likes

Even that particularly over the top universe (you know the one) had some real heart to it. Certainly hilarious in places but, like you, i also found it very moving when it needed to be.

5 Likes

I demanded my friend watch it so we can talk about it, he loves a good movie and should have seen it yesterday. He’d have watched it anyway but I was very much “YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS NOW!!”

5 Likes

Agreed! Although at one point the main character was pointing out something she thought was “stupid.”

3 Likes

New trailer with more Jane. And quite a bit more Thor.

7 Likes
4 Likes

Fan service achieved; yay, angel Dolly!

3 Likes

Tiniest angel, biggest hair :grin:

3 Likes

Jesus Christ what a horrible way to open a TV drama right now.

4 Likes

Yes, I recommend skipping past that opening scene. As long as you know that the jedi temple was attacked by troopers in the end of episode 3 it doesn’t seem to show anything new or plot-critical. For those who want to know the details:

A jedi teacher seems to be teaching a dance class to her students when the troopers come in. She take out her lightsaber and fights back the troopers, followed by a desperate attempt to usher them to safety. The kids are unarmed this time. She eventually gets shot down in front of them and they’re not sure what to do next. Doesn’t show if they get killed or captured. Maybe some of them go on to become inquisitors. Damn hard to watch this week.

My take on it:

This gives evidence to who the inquistors are hunting down. Some could have easily become Inquistors certainly but most were previous Jedi who Palpatine had kept tabs on knowing they had issues with the Jedi Order. Since its 10 years after order 66 all that would be left at this point would mostly be younglings who survived.
Also: Dance class? Looked much more like a force based kata to me.

1 Like

YES!!

5 Likes

In retrospect this was entirely predictable:

The opening of the latest Strange New Worlds was

michael fassbender perfection GIF

2 Likes

GIF by Chicago Bulls

It really was and the series as a whole has been a great watch so far even if the plots are somewhat well worn from past Trek series but the cast is great across the board and it looks beautiful, never has the Enterprise looked so lovely.

The Boys S3 is out.

9 Likes

And more effed up than ever before! I have had a lotta “Oh. No. No no no no no no” moments already

6 Likes

OMG why am I watching this :face_with_spiral_eyes:

6 Likes