Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

Moving and very relevant doc about the time before Roe.

5 Likes

Just now getting around to watching Mr. Robot… Just saw the episode in season 2 where Elliot got the shit beat out of him by Ray and his goons, and so he has a dream of his family taking a road trip, and it’s a 80s, early 90s sitcom… and then fucking ALF shows the fuck up… and WTF am I watching!!! But also, the abuse his mother heaps on him and Darlene being accompanied by that shitty laugh track is really fucked up… but fucking ALF! WTF?

4 Likes

So that was actually her, and not an actor?

Again, good for her! Again, I had no clue…

4 Likes

It’s really committed to its brand as a canonical example of RATED A FOR ADOLESCENT

1 Like

Oh yeah! She played herself because I don’t know if anyone else could have done it!

3 Likes

I saw MitGoG&E when I was about 20, but I didnt really pay attention. I see I need to go back and rewatch it.

2 Likes

Also Homelander is just an asshole and is gaslighting A-Train

I “enjoyed” (if that is the word) the BLM commentary in this week’s episode. I think it captured very well the reality behind those “apologies to the community” from both individual cops and departments. Plus, between this and Stranger Things I am enjoying Paul Reiser again for the first time since Aliens, which I never thought would happen

4 Likes

Pretty sure nobody enjoyed him before Aliens

:smirk:

4 Likes

He was a good hate-target in Aliens. Game recognizes game

4 Likes

Not just an asshole; he’s a straight up psychopath with super powers.

Many people hated him for that role.

I recently showed someone s2 of ST, and when Reiser came on screen, they immediately said, “I don’t like that guy. He’s shady.”

I’m guessing Mad About You had far less cultural influence than Aliens did.

8 Likes

Some of us remember My Two Dads

*shudder

4 Likes

Oh for sure. I was just specifically talking about the digs about A-Train’s weight. Homelander is terrifying. More than ever this season because he’s figured out that he can do whatever he wants

4 Likes

Every time he says, “Just kidding,” you can see in the other person’s eyes that they know he’s not. :grimacing: Gotta wonder if there’s any way to bell that cat, since he just loves sneaking up on or walking in on people unannounced.

6 Likes

I’m happy to say I don’t remember that one at all—had to look it up and it looks awful.

Also, will somebody give Antony Starr an Emmy already.

4 Likes

And he can hear you. You may think you are far enough away, but you aren’t. You just are not

5 Likes

I dunno - after this I am concerned it’s not acting

4 Likes

Let me know if you do, and if it holds up, as I have not seen it in years… of course Kevin Spacey is in it. :roll_eyes: But so is John Cusack so… Maybe that evens out. Plus the Lady Chablis!

Another factoid about that whole affair, the movie doesn’t really mention this, as it streamlines the court case, but it’s in the book - the guy’s original defense attorney was the late great Bobby Lee Cook, who Matlock was based on (I think). He ended up having to bow out of the case, because of a scheduling conflict, but was there for the first round of hearings. The guy paid Cook by letting June (his wife) pick out antiques from his home… Cook was from up around Summerville way north of my home town, and I used to be friendly with his granddaughter (Bob and June, she called them). I guess I know all the grandchildren of all the local celebrities of Summerville. I was friends with one of Howard Finster’s grandkids, too for a while, Jon.

Sorry, that got real southern there, didn’t it…

Kelliepickler Heyyall GIF by Pickler & Ben

6 Likes

Ew… that was him, huh?

5 Likes

Am I the only one who is dissapointed a Joe Strummer or The Clash biopic was never made when John Cusack was the right age?

4 Likes

john cusack 80s GIF by Warner Archive

mystery train yuki kudo GIF

Winona Ryder Movie GIF by filmeditor

5 Likes