Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

Started Varg Veum, a Norwegian private eye series from 2008. Each episode is a full length movie focusing on one case. Quite good if you like subtitled detective stuff!

5 Likes

I’ve been enjoying Dark Winds, the latest attempt to develop (by Robert Redford and George RR Martin) Tony Hillerman’s books. Great cast.

3 Likes

That kids acting in the last scene was superb. The look on his face.

5 Likes

Finally got around to watching Dune… pretty good.

5 Likes

I watched the 1st season of Primal by Genndy Tartakovsky. It is a pretty violent and yet it is an intriguing narrative exercise. It is not a silent cartoon, but it doesn’t really have dialogues, that is to say, it has an invented language without subtitles and lots of screams, roars and grumbles.

1 Like

Pretty standard gangster show except

• set in Sicily in the 1990s

• Based on a True Story™

Just started that last night. Been a big fan of Zahn for years. The perspective of this show allows me to break my ‘no more copaganda shows’

1 Like

Man vs. Bee

Totally ridiculous but Rowan Atkinson is such a great physical comedian that it’s worth it for that.

4 Likes

Wish someone had warned me that S04E09 of Stranger Things was two-and-a-half flipping hours long!
Going to leave it 'til tomorrow.
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

lalo-smile

That’s the end of that chapter.

1 Like

Better Call Saul, ep 8.

Wow.

I pretty much predicted what would happen, and still…

WOW.

3 Likes

Agreed. I did not expect that chapter to end so quickly but after losing nacho so quickly i shouldn’t have been suprised. Im at a complete loss as to what else story is going to fill the rest but I can’t wait.

1 Like

I have not yet seen the latest season, it is next on my to-do.

Finally got around to the feature length finale of Stranger Things.
No spoilers here, suffice it to say I was Spellbound.

3 Likes

Something tells me this is going to be more fun than some folks think.

5 Likes

Wanted to say ‘thank you’ to @Mindysan33 again, because I assumed the show wasn’t going to be my cup of tea until she reviewed it favorably.

In fact, the storytelling was tight, the acting (with the one exception of Anya Taylor Joy) was superb, and while I turned away for a lot of the violence (which I always do) it was clearly there for appropriate reasons. One of the best-made series I’ve ever seen.

7 Likes

Yeah, it’s really great. Cillian Murphy tends to look for quality movies or shows to be in, so if he’s involved, you can guess it’s pretty good.

Still have not got around to the last season…

peaky blinders shelby GIF

4 Likes

3 Likes
4 Likes