Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

I agree with your assessment.

Introducing Carol Burnett’s character this late in the series was totally meant to be a callback to Jimmy’s days as an elder law attorney, and how his old tricks only will work for so long, especially with someone far more savvy/skeptical than Irene was.

3 Likes

There’s so much speculation precisely because they’ve got Carol Burnett and you don’t have Carol Burnett in your show unless she’s playing a significant role.

1 Like

Aren’t pureblood Kree blue?

Apparently, so are MCU Atlanteans.

Sweet Home looks like a bit of apocalyptic fun :zombie::

Tried to start the new season of Locke & Key as a unicorn chaser, but…

Bode seems to be incapable of learning from past bad experiences with the keys. Watching him repeat the same dangerous mistakes is getting tiresome, because he’s had that lesson too many times to count.

2 Likes

Unless you’re in the BrBa universe.

Remember how many incredible cameos they’ve had for rather minor roles.

3 Likes

Wow that’s a special kind of stupid. I can’t imagine her taking up sex work, but even if she did I just don’t see her giving blowies in a sleazy motel parking lots to support a meth habit.

There’s been a whole lot of rumors about who she might be under the assumption that she had to be significant in some way. (I outlined a few theories, others were she was the illusive Judge Papadoumian, or she was in cahoots with Galbraith, Mike’s ex-wife, a former Sandpiper resident who’s trying to shake down Jimmy, and any other number of crazy theories.)

In the end it’s just as likely that her only true significance is she’s the one who finally does Jimmy in. It would be ironic that after all the dangerous criminals he’s associated with and close calls, it ends up being an old lady mark who is the ultimate architect of his downfall.

1 Like

Right???

I think that irony is exactly what VG was going for; Marion doesn’t need to be “significant” in any other way.

Remember, BrBa/BCS are rooted in the concepts of mirroring and balance… so what’s a better way to come full circle?

4 Likes

Off topic but I am in Asheville today, stopped by, and the store is permanently closed. No verbal abuse for me!

5 Likes

Gee, what a shame…

ETA:

Apparently the proprietor is dead.

My comment remains the same.

3 Likes

Elizabeth Henstridge Marvel GIF by ABC Network

2 Likes

Oh well… If you’ve never done it, I recommend going to the Moog factory for the tour, if you have the time. It’s free, but you gotta make a reservation. Also, the pinball museum is fun, too. You pay one price at the door and all the video games and pinball you can handle (lots of older ones too). And cheap canned beers!

I’m sure she’s in hell right now, unable to control who comes into her store down there, and it’s full of “racially inferior” Irish people buying whatever the fuck they like. :smile:

7 Likes

Or, she’s been reincarnated into the body of someone Irish living in England (where the shoe is on the other foot, from a bigotry point of view).

4 Likes

That would be good, too!

3 Likes

Okay, it’s another WD spinoff, but it actually looks promising. Terry Crews! Parker Posey!

I’ve watched the first two episodes, and it appears to be singular stories out of the WD universe, often weirdly amusing.

1 Like

Better Call Saul

So long, Jimmy.

6 Likes

Theatrically sabotaging his own sweetheart deal and taking full responsibility for his crimes just to buy back enough of his soul to live out the rest of his days as Jimmy, even if most of the world still sees him as Saul. In the Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul Universe that almost counts as a happy ending.

4 Likes

Based on comments here, we set up the projector and outdoor screen to watch the first episode of Sandman. So glad we saw it on the “big” screen! It’s gorgeous!
Previews had me worried it would have more of a “Good Omens” aesthetic, which, there’s just something about it that I don’t like. I think it might be the lighting. Like those daytime dramas, just done better. :woman_shrugging:t2:
Anyway, sandman is gorgeous. Can’t wait to see what they do, and hoping they do well on the cat story if it’s included.
And limiting ourselves to watching on the projector should help us dole it out instead of binging, since it’s kind of a deal to set it up. :crossed_fingers:

10 Likes

almost counts as a happy ending.

No, it doesn’t, IMO; but it is a just ending for Jimmy’s particular story.

I was fairly underwhelmed by the finale, but hey… nothing is perfect.

2 Likes

5 Likes