Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

7 Likes

It’s okay to like different things; I’m glad you enjoyed it.

I fluved the US version of Being Human, but then again, I am biased due to Sam Witwer;

He was quite yummy as the vampire, Aiden.

4 Likes

I just finished the US version of Utopia. I haven’t seen any other versions, and it was darker than what I’m into lately, but I liked it. And it offered a funny moment of connection with the pharmacist last week while I was getting my flu shot and she asked if I’d been watching anything good lately. I said I’d been watching a show about a global pandemic and she said, “oh, me, too. I know it’s not right, but I always think it’s called Euphoria.” And then mentioned how uncanny all the similarities were. And by then we were done and the bandaid was on.

1 Like

Wait, they renamed the vampire Aiden? His name was John in the UK version, played by Aidan Turner. :drooling_face: Someday, I’ll figure out whatever was happening with the ghost and the werewolf…it was so difficult to focus on them.

3 Likes

Yep.

Apparently there are MANY differences between the UK version and the US version.

3 Likes

Good idea. I might skip the last season, though.

2 Likes

I wonder if there’s an easy way to skip the Fauxlivia part? :thinking:

2 Likes

A few years ago I watched both versions, and started off by alternating between US and UK episodes. There was amusingly tight concordance at first, but by the end of the first season had drifted completely apart.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Finally finished Devs. Thumbs up. I didn’t think it was too slow at all.

Possessor - whoo boy. Protagonist is a sociopath/moving up to psycho. Palpable sense of dread and hopelessness permeates every frame. Innocent bystanders used and destroyed without a thought. Shockingly vicious violence. Gut punch brutal O’Henry twist ending. I freaking loved it! Wow

6 Likes

“ they are writers and executive producers of the long-running hit Bob’s Burgers

All I need to know.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Holy hell. I don’t know if anyone else has posted on this, but I just finished both seasons of After Life, and if you are at all in need of a therapeutic cry mixed with laughs, this show definitely delivered for me.
I don’t know if it’s because I’ve also lost a too young loved one to cancer, but this show looking at the aftermath and all the little glows of humanity mixed with cringe worthy humor really delivered.
I remember reading somewhere that emotional tears (as opposed to tears from, say, chopping onions) have depressants in them. If that’s true, episodes 4-6 of season 2 work like a detox regimen.

2 Likes

I just finished the third Installment of Slasher, titled Solstice.

2 Likes

Come for the interesting subject, stay for Werner Herzog narrating his unique view of the world.

"We had to go where the most colossal fireball came down. It was at a place with an unpronounceable name, at the coast of the Yucatán Peninsula in Mexico. Nothing out here is reminiscent of it. Only leaden boredom weighs upon everything.

Chicxulub is a beach resort so godforsaken you want to cry. The dogs here, like all dogs on this planet, are just too dim-witted to understand that three-quarters of all species were extinguished by the event that took place right here.

The dinosaurs have only survived in a local museum. Their eyes were made by humans. They recognize nothing."

7 Likes

This week, I’ave been mostly watching All Creatures Great and Small (2020) and I have noticed that there’s a lack of people’s arms inside cows.

7 Likes

Captain Jack!

9 Likes

LOOOVE HIM :heart:!

5 Likes

Gonna be some weird accents in space!

8 Likes

At that point in time I had only watched the first couple episodes, and while I trusted your judgement overall, I figured you were just being a bit harsh, demanding, whatever. Now, however, I have watched all of the first two seasons, and— wait, did I finish the second season? Pretty sure I did, but that uncertainty confirms the shit out of your assessment.

However, I did take away one valuable thing from that show so far: I’m still very unlikely to ever get a tattoo, but if I did, it would be a Janus image of John Lennon and Mr. Nancy with two competing quotes: “All you need is love” and “Angry gets shit done”.

1 Like