Whatcha Watchin' (Season 2)

I watched this whole trailer and still can’t decide whether it represents a low point or high point for television entertainment.

5 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: I’m thinking high point? As soon as I saw the graying beard of Mario Lopez, I just knew.

I’ve already set it to record.

3 Likes
13 Likes

It reminds me of some of the better offerings from the Hallmark Holiday Movie Bot.

4 Likes

My reputation precedes me; I make no excuses.

I do have high standards, and I blame Breaking Bad - it was so well done that it has utterly ruined me for subpar story-telling.

Yeah, I wasn’t being unkind… just honest.

Even if my personal standards were much lower, that show would still be AMFM - a muthafuckin’ mess.

Dude… it’s Lifetime.

There are no ‘high points’ on that channel; ever.

4 Likes

Yep. They’re going to the gamma quadrant.

ds9-sisko-looks-that-way|nullxnull

7 Likes
7 Likes

Very intriguing. Did I see DB Cooper?

4 Likes

Sure looks that way.

2 Likes
6 Likes

I’m not sure how I feel about this… probably badly, if I’m honest.

3 Likes

Here’s a little more… probably a new cast, etc, no Whedon on board (which for several reasons, might be a good thing), and a bit more “family friendly”?

:thinking:

Sometimes, you just can’t go back.

6 Likes

A new Firefly in today’s media world will face torrents of criticism it somehow dodged last time

‘Bad’, not ‘Badly.’

The mechanism which allows you to feel is not performing poorly, I assume.

:wink:

(Sorry I’m taking any excuse to I get to quote Kiss, Kiss Bang, Bang.)

6 Likes

I’m good with that, for the same reasons.

@smulder: it may have been based on westerns and the Civil War, but I don’t think it’s a literal reenactment, or racist (though including more POC actors in the reboot would be a wonderful thing.) That’s one interpretation of the text, sure, but I don’t think it’s completely accurate.

5 Likes

Don’t act like you know me :wink:

2 Likes

I only recently got around to watching Firefly, so it’s still pretty fresh in my head.

And that’s NOT the impression I got from the show, at all; and I tend to be fairly sensitive to such things.

(So many good YDKM gifs to choose from!)

7 Likes

First three episodes down of season five. Good stuff as always. It’s different from the books in ways that are kind of puzzling to me. I expected since hearing the next season would be the last they’d rush this season, but it’s the opposite. Not sure why they have made the choices they’ve made, but it is good TV and a story of its own.

7 Likes

Added to my watchlist.

Thanks

1 Like

Just started watching “Storm of the Century” (found on YouTube) last night. It’s one of Stephen King’s written for the screen projects and so far it’s good.
Premise is a big blizzard blows in on a small Maine island community at the same time a dangerous creep shows up. My only complaint so far is that some of the “Maine accents” are laughably inaccurate (as opposed to being laughably accurate, which is also possible.)

2 Likes