Whatcha Watchin'?

That’s basically the colour scheme of the whole episode. Apparently the near future is pastel.

edit: Oh, you were replying to @Melizmatic, not @aLynHall. My mistake.

4 Likes

:star::star::star::star::star:

3 Likes

##Nooooooo!!!

4 Likes

So, I finally caught up with season 6/starting season 7 of The Walking Dead, and the main question in the front of my mind is – why doesn’t anyone ever consider backtracking?

If I remember correctly, they’ve eliminated the Terminus cannibals. Daryl found a fuel truck, and knows where there are several more. Haven’t they even come across a few tanks during the show’s run?
Dang. Give 'em two or three weeks, and the crew could come up with enough firepower to wipe the Saviors off the map several times over.
Yes, I know they’ve had their hands full, but dang, ignoring the functionality of at least 4 fuel trucks other than to burn off some walkers is completely forgetting where “the box” is, much less thinking outside it.

5 Likes

That’s another show I quit on, and never came back to.

I’m not a fan of AMC’s scheduling; my attention span has become too limited, after years of streaming everything.

3 Likes

is this the new dirk gently? I’d watched the bbs one a few years back and wasn’t as impressed as I wanted to be

Where is this one playing?

2 Likes

Yep!

3 Likes

Mackenzie Crook, Toby Jones, pretty good so far.

3 Likes

I just watched S4E1 of Rectify. Anyone else? Almost no one but the critics seems to be aware of it.

Aden Young’s performance in the lead role is amazing.

3 Likes

1 Like

Any good? I thought the movie was stupid but fun if that’s any help.

ETA: Saw The Conjuring 2 last night, the one based on the Enfield hauntings.

Solid horror movie. Some great creepy atmosphere, nice to see 70s Britain represented, even if they did seem to have have the largest council house in the UK. Maybe just a couple too many jump-scares. They always strike me as a bit of a cheap trick and way too many can bring you out of the film.

We made a video? Have we got a video?

2 Likes

The movie (which was stupid) is something completely separate from this series; AFAIK, they have nothing in common besides the name.

‘Van’ is Vanessa, a very distant descendant of the iconic vampire hunter, although she doesn’t know it yet.

In this narrative she died (sort of) and came back from the dead to find that the world has been taken over by vampires, who no longer conceal their existence. She’s not only immune to being turned, she can turn vamps back into regular people with her blood.

So far it’s a wee bit gory, but good.

2 Likes

Most of my fave shows are. :slight_smile: Sounds like something worth a watch.

1 Like

we would have done a better job. At least it’d have more drinking.

2 Likes

I will see if I can get on it.

Not to sound hyperbolic, but I think this is one of the best dramas I’ve seen in my lifetime. I’m so glad it’s able to continue its run.

3 Likes

I agree. Of the current dramas I like The Americans a little better, but that’s just personal preference.

Unfortunately this season is only four episodes, so it looks as if they were given just enough time to bring the series to a conclusion.

edit: Wrong. See reply to myself.

1 Like

I’m not really a “sports guy” but I have a romantic fondness for baseball, and this series has been some pretty good baseball.

2 Likes

Because what is life if you’re not watching like five different shows, we got started on The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (having seen the recent movie). Who knows if we’ll ever get through it, because it ran for quite a long time (and the episodes are not short!), but it’s pretty fun, and Robert Vaughn is charming. I enjoy that at U.N.C.L.E. HQ the ladies are walking around with their handguns strapped to their belts in the back.

3 Likes

The series is great. The film was dire.

3 Likes

Binge watched both seasons of Narcos while the wife was out of town. It was pretty damn good.

2 Likes