Watch the new Stranger Things 3 trailer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/20/watch-the-new-stranger-things.html

7 Likes

Whoa, can’t wait to watch.

16 Likes

Looks like Steve Harrington gets his ass kicked, yet again in the new season; it’s like a running gag now.

10 Likes

Steve can take it. He is the hero we deserve.

8 Likes

Obligatory:

“Steve: We like Steve!”

7 Likes

I’m super into this.

4 Likes

As enjoyable as this show is, it’s even more enjoyable* to see all the contrarian hot takes over the last year about how the show isn’t really that good because of reasons and you’re wrong for liking it. Watching piss babies get mad that people like watching a well-made & fun show that feels like 80’s era Spielberg (and who would want more of that, right?) instead of what they should like instead is peak TV.

*not really, but you know what I mean

7 Likes

I love that there is an Ultra Magnus in the opening shot

2 Likes

Stranger Things for the win. That was an awesome trailer!

4 Likes

Eleven looks metal.

5 Likes

Haters be damned; I need more Stranger Things in my life.

5 Likes

That’s what number she goes up to. This show has always been pretty blunt with its symbolism.

10 Likes

I hope they release the soundtrack for this season. The first season’s soundtrack is outstanding. One thing Netflix does much better than network TV is getting the music licenses for their shows. Umbrella Academy is another example of a show that was really elevated by the music.

5 Likes

The trailer is leaning pretty hard on the coming of age storyline. It will be interesting to see if the supernatural stuff ends up taking a backseat to the teenage angst.

2 Likes

I hope they take it somewhere new. I thought the plot of the second had too much in common with the first one:

First Season: Writes on Walls with strands of Christmas lights and it helps solve the mystery.

Second Season: Writes on walls and makes a big map, which in turn helps solve the mystery.

The characters should just find a new venue for wall writing instead of trashing their home again for the third season.

3 Likes

Writes on Malls to help solve the mystery?

10 Likes

Oh, goddess, yes please;
I hope they end up trashing the mall in a penultimate scene.

9 Likes

I always thought of it as the best 80’s low budget horror film based on a Stephen King work that he didn’t actually write.

1 Like

Whoa… you kinda just insulted the high production quality of the whole series.

You do remember what real low budget horror flicks from the 80’s were like, right?

Reanimator

Killer Klowns From Outerspace

Puppet Master

Halloween 3

Night of the Demons

Critters

The Curse

And last but not least,

The Stuff

10 Likes

My memory must be fuzzy, I’m not catching the Close Encounters reference.

2 Likes