What's happening to Trump's popularity? Parsing the polls with Nate Silver

Not only that, but he was the one forecaster who outlined a possible Trump path to victory that looked like the eventual electoral college map.

3 Likes

That only appears to work for VoIP (voice over Internet), not regular landlines. Otherwise I’d set it up for my dad, since his landline gets lots of robocalls. (My cell phone gets some, despite it being on the Do Not Call list. And NoMoRoBo doesn’t support Android yet. :angry:)

But, to get back on topic, Dad doesn’t take phone surveys. I might, if I have the time and feel generous. It’s a difficult job and I sympathize.

1 Like

This combined with things actually being pretty bad at the time overall. We aren’t there YET, but the gaslighting for the past eightish years (or really the past 30+ depending on how you look at it) on HOW TERRIBLE EVERYTHING IS (only terrible if you’re in charge and haven’t made everyone else poor), it seems worse than it is.

You don’t need Weimar conditions when you can just convince enough people that we are in Weimar conditions.

1 Like

Stop talking infrastructure! Everyone knows corporate America has given us the best modern infrastructure in the world! /s

The lack of cell phone service and internet access while maintaining landlines and cable service is pretty deliberate. Same with Rasmussen using land line robo-calls at 7-9pm for poll data.

1 Like

That may be what Cory meant. AFAIK, the turn of phrase comes from Hamlet - Polonius is talking to Ophelia about Hamlet’s professed love for her, and basically uses the metaphor of a fire that gives more light than heat - i.e. Hamlet’s words sound impressive, but he doesn’t really love Ophelia. Of course the meaning of words and phrases can change over time, but I’ve always taken it to mean style>substance.

5 Likes

Interesting, I didn’t know the Shakespeare quote. I suppose that could be it. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.