What's inside a "Hello Barbie" surveillance toy?

[Read the post]

2 Likes

This is a pedophileā€™s wet dream, and very fucking disturbing.

4 Likes

Iā€™m looking at the teardown and wondering where is the charging port?..

3 Likes

Time to introduce ā€œHello Barbieā€ to the wild world of adult entertainment videos?

:smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Annoying noise-making electronic toys used to get ā€œAccidentallyā€ dropped in the tub when my kids were very little, Seems this doll could use the sameā€¦

However, here is a good case of ā€œJust donā€™t hook it up to your WiFiā€ security.

RGB

3 Likes

Looking at the back section you can see the 5v charging port.
(Just below the made in china )

1 Like

I have no doubt breaking down your ā€œHello Barbieā€ in this way voids the warranty.

And Iā€™m not saying thatā€™s a bad thing.

5 Likes

Warran-what?

3 Likes

Nonsense, we wouldnā€™tā€¦ I mean they wouldnā€™t find it very interesting at all.

5 Likes

Also: her legs donā€™t even bend? Howā€™s she gonna sit in the Corvette?

6 Likes

Kind of a disturbing image. Reminds me of

17 Likes

Yeah. These toys have a warranty?

So familiar, but I cannot place it. What is it from?

1 Like

Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman. I donā€™t recall if they were related to the Bigfoot who turned out to be a robot from outer space.

Just looked it up on bionic.wikia.com, which is a thing that exists, and nope. I also have learned that alien robot Bigfoot was initially played by AndrƩ the Giant!

It may also be reminding you of Westworld:

4 Likes

Fembots ā€“ I think from 6 million $ man (other movies as well).
Could also be West World ā€“ I think they had similar demasked faces.

3 Likes

I think the word youā€™re looking for is EULA.

1 Like

ā€œHELLO, HELLO, HELLO. Is there anybody in there?ā€

So, I wonder what -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- will end up being involved with? Authentication of the ā€˜toytalkā€™ server?

3 Likes

The Stepford Wives, the 1975 version.

2 Likes

Well, something has to tell the Boogie Nights Elmo dolls where to drive the golf cart.

Er. How do you figure? Thereā€™s no camera.

I find the blowback in this toy really interesting. Iā€™m not clearā€¦and nobody has explained, clearly in a well defined argument, why this toy is ā€˜danger to childrenā€™. Maybe my years fo reading scifi books (Iā€™m looking at you ā€˜Diamond Ageā€™ by Stevenson) seems to have dulled out the Future Shock and hyperbole that some people about a frickin talking Barbie. Iā€™m more conserned with this being an easy entry way to hack into my network (Mattleā€™s not a computer company after all) then it corrupting my daughter with, my god, the evils of marketing. Which they have flat out said they wouldnt be doing
Shrug. If Mattle pulls this off and people buy and like it. Expect you toaster to be talking back to within a yearā€¦and telling you to buy Wonderbread. Which by the way doesnā€™t mean you have to just cuz it said so