What's the likelihood that you have a doppelgänger?

I had at least two. One had he same first name as me, too, but her estranged in-laws killed her.

And this Gibson Girl that people keep sending me saying I look like that…

2 Likes

In college there was someone I had classes with and we’d get confused for each other all the time, despite the fact that his ancestry involved a different continent from mine (and I don’t think we look all that similar). It was to the point where, for about the first month of a class, people basically acted like there was only one of us, so if one of us was absent from the classroom, the remaining one would be credited with whatever the other had done (and if we were both there, I guess one of us got ignored).

1 Like

Was it George Clooney? Mine is definitely George Clooney.

1 Like

I’ve been told I have a doppelganger and she lives (or lived) in San Francisco. But people also tell me I look like “Pam” from The Office and there’s zero resemblance there so I think maybe people just see curly hair and get confused.

I have almost grabbed the wrong guy in the grocery store a couple of times. There’s far too many bearded, ponytailed programmer types running around the PNW.

5 Likes

I’m more the “hippy with a haircut” guy. But I get it.

After years of effort…low. Very low.

5 Likes

I have prosopagnosia (face blindness). When I see two different pictures of either the same person or two similar looking people, I have trouble telling which it is.

What is surprising is that the pairs of doppelgangers in the Brunelle gallery don’t look abnormally similar to each other, to me.

More evidence that what I look at in a face is different from the shorthand markers that other people see and use to categorize faces.

4 Likes

My mom and I have prosopagnoisia too. It can be very funny watching us watch tv trying to figure out who is who if people don’t have widely different haircuts/hair colour/clothing/voices/heights/roles.

In life, we can recognize people in context, but if we see them somewhere else or doing something else it can take a while to figure out who is talking to us.

So as far as I’m concerned, you all could be doppelgangers. I couldn’t tell anyway.

2 Likes

What’s the likelihood that you are a doppelgänger?

1 Like

I like your post!

…or am I liking your doppleganger’s post?

How can I tell?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.