What's the *worst* movie you've ever seen?

I got through almost five minutes before I turned the channel.

1 Like

I have fully watched a Ray Dennis Steckler film so my ummm standards are pretty low.

3 Likes

Oops. You’re right, @d_r, it’s Barb Wire, not past tense. Maybe if I lasted longer I’d find out that the character’s name is “Barb”?

eta: @d_r because I thought I replied to him, not myself. Grrr.

2 Likes

Back in the olden days, I had a copy of RE/Search #10: Incredibly Strange Films and a local indie video store that featured a lot of the movies from that issue. Boy, did I ever see a lot of weird stuff, and didn’t Ray Dennis Steckler play a part in that weirdness!

4 Likes

Oh wow… so looking at that write up. I have seen Spider Baby, and a Herschell Gordon Lewis film but not The Wizard Of Gore.

3 Likes

Which HGL film did you see?

Blood Feast? Some weirdo “Egyptian God” worshipping caterer/serial killer or something like that.

3 Likes

The Incredibly Strange Films that Stopped Showing and Became Mixed Up Videos?

5 Likes

Ah yes, I figured that would be the one. My favorite of his. Wizard of Gore is fun, but lacks the over-saturated colors and accidental humor of BF.

Hey I sat through most of the current 4.5 hour edit The Movie Orgy
Worth doing if you have the right beverages which were available at the theater that evening. I missed a bit right after the intermission as I took MrsTobinL home, she had enough.
Really if I had not had the beer the Andy’s Gang sequence would have been enough to send me running in terror.
Oh the poor kitty and mousy.

ETA : @Donald_Petersen have you seen this one?

1 Like

That does look terrible. But thank you for mentioning the others, as I could use a nice relaxing Gene Autry movie. (While Pola Negri is a pretty amazing actress, the Barbed Wire she’s in looks anything but relaxing. However, maybe it is time to watch The Moon-Spinners again.)

1 Like

Of the films individually focused on in ISF, I would most recommend God Told Me To. Larry Cohen (Q, the Winged Serpent, It’s Alive) writes and directs a tale of the new Messiah. Andy Kaufman’s film debut, early work from Richard Lynch (Vampire, Bad Dreams), and a special guest appearance from a Sylvia Sidney sex toy.

2 Likes

Because it hasn’t been mentioned yet who here has not been psycholically scarred by The Terror Of Tiny Town?

Available at archive.org if you dare…

5 Likes

I haven’t and it appears that it might be a movie that I’d never watch. I don’t think I have it in me to take that dare.

Has anybody seen those all-dog versions of popular musical-movies back in the 30s? Interesting bonus features on the musicals themselves, but dreadful on their own right. For multiple reasons.

2 Likes

In the pre youtube days and long videos online in general, MrsTobinL and I paid money to go see that… not a lot but probably more than we should have…

1 Like

Wait this is a real thing?
OMG This is awesome!

ETA well okay this also animal cruelty of a sort but still amazing.

5 Likes

I don’t think it was all that bad, it just wasn’t any good. A very boring Western with an unusual gimmick. (I would say, for example, it isn’t as bad as Village of the Giants, with which I always confuse it.) It gave many of these people a first shot at an acting career that continued at least into The Wizard of Oz.

You mean forcing the dogs to say grace?

My guess is that these were some of the best-treated actors in Hollywood.

1 Like

[quote=“ChuckV, post:439, topic:78302”]
Q, the Winged Serpent[/quote]

That’s a personal favourite.

4 Likes