When Marshall, Will and Holly met Enik

The first two seasons of the show were amazing, the “science” behind the world itself was fascinating, (and among the writers behind that science were some sci-fi legends.

What they did to this show with that movie was worse than what they did to the series with the third season, but only just. This is a show that deserved a real reboot, not to be comically trashed with lowbrow humor.

Sleestacks remain one of the most terrifying things I saw on television as a child.

3 Likes

They’ve all fallen through a dimensional doorway? From behind the Burger King?

I loved this but got so tired after a while.

I remember watching it on Saturday morning TV back in the mid-70’s. Hmm. Checking Wikipedia, I see it was on in 1974, so yeah, that lines up. I didn’t know there was a re-make in the 90’s, though.

I’m maybe halfway through “season 2.”

The dinosaurs were least impressive, being a mix of poor stop motion animation and hand puppets.

The sleestak crossbows were more like proto slingshots. They must have enjoyed a pretty easy existence since their fighting/hunting efforts were so easily avoided.

I’ve been an evangelist for this show for decades now. Some of the best pure sci-fi to ever air. As a little kid in the 70s I was all about the dinosaurs, but as a teenager when it was in reruns in the 80s, I was all about the ideas. I knew nothing about its pedigree until much later, but when I found out, the quality of the writing made sense. Skip season 3, though. The Kroffts took control from David Gerrold, and all the brains went with him. Plus, Kathy Coleman tells how Ron Harper touched her inappropriately, which casts a pall on all of season 3 (where “Uncle Jack” replaced Rick Marshall) for me

Here you go:

Served as a good lesson in why sometimes things need to end, imho.

1 Like

Yeah right, the most intelligent Sleestack is also the only one wearing clothes. I call bullshit.

No story arc = no end?

Ah! I remember this guy!

Same here. A little later, in 3rd grade, I remember writing a story about an ostensibly-haunted house (it turns out to be an amusement park). I wrote a gaggle(?) of sleestacks into the story, but was really frustrated over how to correctly spell “sleestacks.”

For me it was the end of this clip. I ran and hid behind the furniture. I don’t remember Sesame Street running the clip again after that.

3 Likes

The whole series still appears to be available on bittorrent. Also, the much-hated 2009 movie, which is actually pretty funny if you just accept it as a parody. There is also a 1980’s(?) “lost in space-ish” re-boot where mom, dad and kids end up in LoL with their SUV (which never runs out of gas?). It was put out on VHS but is apparently so awful nobody cared to upload it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.