Meet Portland's Sleestak

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/27/meet-portlands-sleestak.html

2 Likes

Sleestaks ARE fucking cool! I love that show almost entirely because of the Sleestaks and the weird glowing crystals in the caves.

9 Likes

One of a long list of great shows with not so great remakes.

4 Likes

There’s obviously much more care and effort in this costume than the original production. Well done!

1 Like

I’m really sorry that the Will Ferrell movie was a comedy (although I did think the name “Marshall Willenholly” was hilarious). There’s so much potential for a great, sci-fi-crystal-sleestak-dinosaur-lost-civilization film, it scratches A LOT of itches.

Ah well. I guess that’s what fan fiction is for.
(Seriously considers writing Land of the Lost fan fiction…)

2 Likes

The writing of the original Land of the Lost was actually pretty good. Perhaps the fact that kept adding mysteries rather than solving them should have prepared us for “Lost.” A bit uneven, but way better than say “Far out Space Nuts.”

4 Likes

That was Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

3 Likes

When I’m deep in concentration
You start getting all conversatin’
Sleestak

What’s a Sleestak?
That’s your heart attack
Towel rack
Fallback

You got no doctors
All your doctors have gone home
What’s a Sleestak?
What’s a Sleestak?

1 Like

Sleestaks: A cool alien species with such a terrible weapons development capability.

1 Like

Huh… I never saw that film. Not sure where I heard the name then, I just assumed it was from the Will Ferrell version.

Thanks for the clarification!

1 Like

man, i’ve always loved the Sleestak, especially Enik. of course, now he needs to build one of their glowing crystal tables to put in that cubbyhole, and then he needs a fog machine, and some lighting effects…

1 Like

I use to literally have nightmares about Sleestacks when I was a kid. I’d wake up in a cold sweat.

2 Likes

Sleestak are very slow and kinda dumb,

Yeah, they’re so “dumb” they have those alien control boards that allow them to cross time and space.
Oh, and the “smart” hu-mans have no idea how to work them.

1 Like

Now he needs to make a Chaka costume.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.