"When she finished her pitch, the investor said he didn’t invest in women"

Some white people are arseholes to other white people. I still think it would understandably raise a few eyebrows and earn public scorn if an investor flat-out told a fundraiser “I don’t invest in black people, because I don’t like the way black people think.”

8 Likes

Hell, imagine if this was a female investor who listened to a male make a pitch and told him that she doesn’t invest in men.

2 Likes

This seems really disingenuous. If this combination is of no interest to you then why read the story, why comment? I mean, there is so much sexism and racism why should we talk about it at all?

4 Likes

From the site Gradient Lair" : “One of the most durable paradoxes of white supremacy - the idea that those who are closest to an experience of oppression are its least credible witnesses” - Walter Johnson
"This type of violence - from microaggressions to epistemic violence to emotional/physical violence to enslavement/genocide - that gets justified by asserting that the oppressor is “objective” and “logical” and thereby credible. As if there is any objectivity in choosing to oppress. As if the emotions of entitlement, indifference, greed or hatred aren’t involved. "

They’ve generated a dreadful name for themselves. And now everyone knows it, so they’re drying up.

I’ve worked with numerous businesses looking for funding, and whenever the topic of VC comes up, the unanimous response is ‘nope - we’ll crowd fund / find an angel investor’

Except this guy was an angel investor!

In name only, I feel

1 Like

Fallen angel, says I, and there’s a different name for that lot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.