Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

Yah, let’s follow the Repug’s playbook!
Haha

1 Like
1 Like

And still we press on with business as usual.

5 Likes

Thread:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Is it Friday in Belgium yet? Or do they strike there on Thursdays? Or is that “planning to strike”? A two-day strike? Anyway, nice to see this continuing to grow.

1 Like

Not for another 10 hours, minus a few minutes.

1 Like

I’m going to miss Winter.

2 Likes

Positive Direction:

(Guess who didn’t vote for it.)

2 Likes

That is horrible. I once visited the Simpson desert, stood next to one of those giant salt flats in the middle of nowhere. It was I think 44 degrees that day and I felt like I was in an oven. Now it’s hotter down by the coast? What the hell.

The map makes it look like Australia is just on fire at this point. JFC.

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap:

1 Like
2 Likes
7 Likes

A moment of sanity:

5 Likes

tenor%20(25)

Corporate America Is Getting Ready to Monetize Climate Change

"Bank of America Corp. worries flooded homeowners will default on their mortgages. The Walt Disney Co.is concerned its theme parks will get too hot for vacationers, while AT&T Inc.fears hurricanes and wildfires may knock out its cell towers.

The Coca-Cola Co.wonders if there will still be enough water to make Coke…"

"…climate change is expected to cascade through the economy – disrupting supply chains, disabling operations and driving away customers, but also offering new ways to make money."

Because of course there are.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-22/muggy-disney-parks-downed-at-t-towers-firms-tally-climate-risk?ref=hvper.com&utm_source=hvper.com&utm_medium=website

6 Likes

A nice short visualization piece on the Polar Vortex split happening now:

Brrrrrrrr

2 Likes

Meanwhile in Australia…

8 Likes

This is fine …

5 Likes

As a reply to the inevitable “where is that global warming now?” posts, increased energy (heat) in the atmosphere leads to instability and extremes. What the Midwest and Oz are seeing is very clearly a lesson in extremes and is exactly what is predicted by the climate scientists. Every one of their predictions has been accurate, only the time frame has been wrong. Things are going to shit far quicker than the predictions would have suggested.

8 Likes