When the "songs that make you smile" are Smiths instrumentals

Originally published at: When the "songs that make you smile" are Smiths instrumentals | Boing Boing

I seem to remember constantly a John waters gig on radio 1… in the eighties Saturday morning where he played some extraordinary numbers… a lot of which I have never found anywhere…

#livetoaircassette

then there is the line …‘everybody’s doing it’…

1 Like

Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce rarely get their dues. They were just as much part of the sound of the Smiths as Johnny Marr. That they had to sue to get equal pay is pretty galling.

Don’t the forget the instrumental version of ‘Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want’ from Ferris Bueller but maybe it doesn’t fit here.

What I really wanted to comment about was Draize Train. The live Rank version is amazing and the first time I heard it, it reminded me of something from the 70’s. Like a theme song to a show. This article inspired me to finally look it up. Now, it may just be me but the theme song to Electra Woman and Dyna Girl has a similar sound.

The instrumental version of “Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want” from Ferris Bueller was actually by The Dream Academy.

2 Likes

My bad and thank you. Their version is pretty spot on…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.