When you have a train of shrews in your yard, there's no need for halloween decorations

Originally published at: When you have a train of shrews in your yard, there's no need for halloween decorations | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I think they are quite sweet.
Owls think they are quite tasty.

12 Likes

I wouldn’t put up with this stuff inside my house, but my back yard welcomes all delightful creatures.

9 Likes

Were they watching “Human Centipede”?

5 Likes

My first thought was Wait what? They do this? Apparently it’s called a shrew caravan and the babies all hold the tail of the one in front of them in their mouth. I also discovered that apparently shrews are venomous. So you would be right to be concerned? Although surely their mouths don’t open enough to bite humans?

14 Likes

Shrewman Centipede

10 Likes

Training of the shrew.

15 Likes

In our backyard we have chipmunks and voles.

The chipmunks are fun and cute.
The voles are cringey creepy.

And they both do pretty much the same thing. :man_shrugging:

(Except during the winter, when the chipmunks sleep, and the voles dig trenches through the grass under the snow.)

7 Likes

Shrews aren’t rodents. They’re part of the eulipotyphla order along with moles and hedgehogs.

25 Likes

“Human centipede, but make it extremely cute.”

If we’re going to get freaked out by what cute furry little critter are packing, toothwise, you don’t want to know what moles really look like… pretty sure they inspired the design for “Alien.”

7 Likes

Welcome to BoingBoing!
With facts like that you’ll fit right in - because technically correct is the best kind of correct.
Sadly, they do not seem to be giving out the Pedant Pendant any more. :wink:

7 Likes

I watched that vid a few days ago and thought it was adorable. Love the squeakiness at the end!

8 Likes

GIF by Our Planet

Relax Reaction GIF by VICE España

Hungry Snack GIF by San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance

San Diego Eating GIF by San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance

9 Likes

The Training of the Shrew?
Must be a sequel.

2 Likes

I pronounce thee… The Bard of Alvin.

We’re talking shrews here: Must be a squeakuel.

5 Likes

Chugga-chugga-chugga-chugga … Shrew! Shrew!

10 Likes

Silly contributor. Shrews aren’t rodents; they’re land-dwelling salmon. Or furry mayflies. Or something.

1 Like

Well Done Thank You GIF by Spotify

2 Likes

I Know Right Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.