Where are all the time travelers?

aren’t we all?

2 Likes

Humans will be long dead by the time that technology comes around, if it’s even possible. I doubt we’ll make it to the 22nd century.

This reminds me of Fermi’s Paradox. Also, all the time travelers are aliens.

We’re all at Callahan’s - paying cash.

See you next week.

If I comment before then - you’ll know what happened.

3 Likes

If you like Subnormality you need to check out what he did for animation under the Cracked marquee; two seasons of “People Watching” and they are frickin’ awesome!

And here is the time travel answer everyone is looking for:

People Watching: Season1, Episode10
3 Likes

Did I mention…

14 Likes

Yep, I’ve seen a few of these. Good stuff!

2 Likes

Be awesome, don’t plan ahead!!

4 Likes

Hell, for the first few seasons of Doctor Who, the Doctor had literally no control over where/when the Tardis went… they kept hoping to land in the “present” to drop of Ian and Barbara, but took forever to get there.

8 Likes

It took a long time for the truth to come out…

tumblr_pra9p5VN8d1r19xa8o3_500

14 Likes

I love that episode…

8 Likes

They should let Neil Gaiman have another go some time.

10 Likes

Well, he also did a nightmare in silver, which had the brilliant Warwick Davis…

But Gaiman also seems too busy with his other shows - American Gods, Good Omens, and now SANDMAN (OMG THEY BETTER NOT FUCK THAT UP). Plus, he’s supposed to be writing us an American Gods sequel book… and then he has a young child in the house again…

OMG, Ash is so cute…

9 Likes

if people from the future don’t think our time is one of the most interesting, pivotal times, then i would hate to find out what qualifies. i feel we’re at a serious tipping point right now in many ways. i mean, for starters, we ARE impeaching a resident of the white house – that doesn’t happen often. that’s gotta be worth something in itself.

1 Like

It seems like our time travels stories are a bit like Zeno’s paradoxes. I was raised thinking that Zeno actually thought you couldn’t move, it wasn’t until university I found out that Zeno knew perfectly well you could move and the point of the paradoxes is to point out that you are wrong about what it means to move, what distance is, what time is.

Our time travel stories and theories should all be telling us: We misunderstand time.

So while I basically agree with “it’s impossible” is a likely explanation, I’d go further and say the answer may well be, “You are throwing out a bunch of words that connect to concepts you have in your mind but ultimately they have no connection back to reality whatsoever.” Maybe, “There is no time, and for that matter, no travel.”

But the most likely explanation for why there are no time travellers here is Langoliers.

8 Likes

:open_mouth: @HMSGoose went back in time 2 hours before your reply and told us the very same thing that you did in this very thread! Or maybe you got the coordinates mixed up on your wayback machine?

8 Likes

Wanna bend your mind a little? Here you go.

7 Likes

Oh, that’s another one…

back-to-the-future-dolorean

3 Likes

Time is continuously forking alternate universes, and the one that they travel back to is not necessarily the one containing this instantiation of you.

4 Likes

That’s one theory of time travel.

5 Likes