Where did all of Bob Ross' paintings go?

Clipboard01

Oh now this practically writes itself.

2 Likes

They discovered that the thousands of paintings Ross produced are housed at Bob Ross, Inc. in Herndon, Virginia.

well, that was a short mystery with an underwhelming ending.

9 Likes

Those were the years of CIA LSD experiments, ya know. They probably figured he’d gone “rogue.”

6 Likes

Shit. You mean none of them ended up in thrift stores?

For more than a decade I have inspected any Ross-esque landscape to see if it had his name on it. Apparently I was wasting my time.

3 Likes

Hmm. I may need to do something like that when I next go to my LEGO store.

I wonder if they have the parts necessary to make a minifig of Mister Rogers too. Do they have sneakers as an item?

1 Like

Ditto, and after Gnagy it was Bill Alexander.

ETA when Bob Ross memes started showing up I wondered who is this guy?

2 Likes

Yes. I watched many episodes of William Alexander with my grandma, who was a very good “anyone can paint” type of artist.

1 Like

This’ll sound weird, but I wouldn’t have cared very much if it had been announced that all his TV show paintings had been destroyed. Ross’ real strength was in his abilities as a teacher of non/newbie hobbyists/amateur artists. He gave them a way to help express themselves. His methods and style of teaching were the real art. I know that sounds puerile, but that’s what I believe.

4 Likes

Brilliant.

And yeah, this is what I was thinking before I watched the video. He wasn’t in it to sell paintings. He was in it to pass along the joy of painting.

Now that he’s gone, the inheritors could cash in. Luckily it looks like he hung around with a better class of people than that.

That said… now I’m finding myself thinking about a comedy/criminal caper centered on a group of thieves looking to get rich by boosting the Bob Ross collection.

8 Likes

Bob Ross and Mr. Rogers on a rampage!

1 Like

Gotta respect their decision not to sell Ross’s paintings. Keeps them from ending up hidden in private collections or in duty free warehouses as speculative assets.

4 Likes

I got the worst sunburn of my life there as a child. That’s something, though I wouldn’t call it good.

Chase Utley ?

I love it! good job!

Does a market exist for Bob Ross counterfeits? On the Deep Web? What’s the bitcoin situation?

3 Likes

Boss Ross and Fred Rogers were my favorite folks on PBS to watch. <3

4 Likes

Same here.

RIP to both inspiring men.

4 Likes

And apparently that’s what he believed himself as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.