Where did all of Bob Ross' paintings go?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/13/where-did-all-of-bob-ross-pa.html

16 Likes

27 Likes

To a happy little place, obviously.

17 Likes

We learn, in the Times ’ 10-minute must-watch video, that it was her mother, Annette, who accidentally discovered Ross

wut? who is “her”?

4 Likes
24 Likes

Wife and I have been painting a mural at our local fairgrounds; trees—happy trees—and mountains are definitely involved.

13 Likes

I was sure the answer was going to be, “On a Saudi Prince’s yacht.”

19 Likes

What a nice little video.

6 Likes

Made myself a custom minifig at the LEGO store the other day. I had to make do with the parts they had on hand but I think it’s close enough to get the idea across.

59 Likes
4 Likes

I’m too old for Bob Ross. I started with Jon Gnagy. Not that I learned anything – my sisters paid more attention. I draw flies.

6 Likes

Joan Kowalski

2 Likes

Yeah, they found a little friend. Everybody needs a friend.

3 Likes

Probably a squirrel.

2 Likes

That’s what I say cause posts have to be longer than just “plus 10.”

1 Like

I wonder what the servicemembers under his command thought of his transformation.

6 Likes

That video reminds me of a Christopher Guest movie. Especially the Catherine O’Hara character. Also the CIA husband. Also: Clearwater, Florida! I’ve been there. Can anything good come out of Clearwater?

2 Likes

Joan Kowalski is the her of whom Annette is mother to.

1 Like

About 20 years ago I got a little too drunk and tried to find a Bob Ross painting for sale. I emailed a whole bunch of different websites that were either Bob Ross or the Joy of Painting related asking if any ever came up for sale. One place I emailed had a bunch of his paintings, but were massively confused about why I would want one. I ended up being in a couple week correspondence with this woman about Bob’s philosophy. According to her/Bob that it was more important that anyone could learn to paint and that it wasn’t about owning someone else’s painting. She seriously could not wrap her head around the fact that I had no desire to paint and that I just really wanted one of his paintings with his red signature.

At that time the only thing I could find about any of Ross’s paintings that had been sold were that there were some paintings he did during PBS pledge drives that were raffled off to donors. Apparently one or two of those had changed hands. Even then it was impossible to find a Bob Ross for sale.

8 Likes

In the fictional world, I’d be asking Riley Freeman…

Here’s the “Riley Wuz Here” episode of The Boondocks from the beginning:

5 Likes