Which PS4 games should I know about?

Warframe.

It’s a remarkably well put together “freebie” game that’s a weird mix of “magic robotic space ninjas” and first person shooter, but sometimes open world game where you mine and go fishing, but there’s hoverboard races, and also spaceship missions. Most missions consist of a 4 person squad running a particular mission type on various planetary (or spaceship) tilesets. Hard to describe, but it’s every bit as good as all of the games that you’d actually pay for.

The one thing I like is that you can buy in game money (plat) to buy things, but pretty much everything is earnable/farmable if you want to go that route. Also, while every game has problem players and trolls, this one seems to be pretty benign overall.

I’ve got paid for games unopened or unfinished at my house because Warframe keeps updating, and basically becomes a never ending game.

1 Like

Dragon Age: Inquisition is really, really powerful for open world storytelling and consequences. Lots of complexity without the nihilism
Persona 5 is the slickest damn experience I’ve seen on an RPG. Stylish, creepy, and really compelling.
Horizon: Zero Dawn is a masterpiece.

My favorite bit of all 3? The characters are really thought through and throw some complex challenges to how you think of yourself and the story.

1 Like

For the family…

• Fallen Order

For the adults…

• Witcher 3
    (cutscenes are a bit cringey everything else is amazing)

• Last of Us series

• DarkSouls 2 then 3
    Games are super hard but will wisen your skills up big time once you figure 'em out. Buy for keeps but keep at it! Leave and come back to it if you must.

The Dishored series. It’s an action adventure series with very cool, steampunkish graphics.

00__X-All-The-Y__FGD135__RAW_phixr (2)

1 Like

Seconding both

Funny thing about Bloodborne is that you can actually play the three dark souls games in a similar fashion to bloodborne: use quick, melee attacks and dodge around patterned attacks. It’s crazy how much faster those games are when you play them that way. That said, Sekiro’s just unforgiving.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.