White Culture

I didn’t originate this, and may have even posted it on ye olde BBS a while back, but I feel it bears repeating: When somebody starts a sentence with “I’m not a racist, but…” the next thing to fall out of their mouth is almost always a flaming cross.

13 Likes

She’s also so unapologetically classist.
She reminded me of some of the businesspeople interviewed on the podcast, “How I Built This.”
The interviewer always asks, towards the end, “How much of your success would you say is due to luck, and how much to grit and hard work?” He gets them to give a percentage breakdown.
Without fail, the 1st generation immigrants, POC, and others not born on 3rd base, who have worked their asses off, will say, “oh, 95% luck, for sure. The fact that I was born at this time, when a woman can do these things, and that the idea came at the right time, etc.”
Then you hear most of the ones who got $300,000 “loans” from their parents, had their living expenses covered, etc., and they are without fail saying, “oh, it was all hard work.” Or, “maybe 15% luck, but it was mainly hard work.”
As if they’re biologically unable to admit that they got lucky.
But, yeah, like the lady in the video says, “it’s more of a mind set thing.”

14 Likes

White culture: the entire idea of Columbus Day.

11 Likes
8 Likes

I really don’t think this is the woman spearheading the fake FTBA in California, although she looks quite similar. Even so, this woman has quite a set of balls to try and tell bank managers an employee can’t wear a BLM mask.

8 Likes

That sense of entitlement, though…

Bitch, that’s a federal bank; they will call the po-po and have you arrested for trespassing etc, lily White skin or not.

10 Likes

I almost forgot to mention the irony of an employee of one of the major banking institutions that contributed to the economic crash of 2007-2008, steering POC to junk subprime mortgages, and general support and comfort to institutional white supremacy, wearing a BLM mask.

8 Likes

16 Likes

I want to take a break and drop in something wholesome for a change…

9 Likes
12 Likes

18 Likes
11 Likes

vTPdyAAi_400x400

13 Likes

How does he not see that isn’t how it works?

If this were true, Jim Crow never would have lasted so long, never mind if racism had aged out during slavery in the US, which would have killed off slavery, too.

It’s perpetual, and attended to. Exposure and education are good ways to deal with white supremacy, but expecting it to age out is like expecting dandelions to age out of infiltrating your lawn.

15 Likes

You are correct. Racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, transphobia, and the like… are cultivated. They are not innate, not passive, not naturally occurring. People who promote those beliefs are made and fed.

10 Likes

17 Likes

If Bob’s party wins the election tomorrow, Sally has vowed to go on strike against anything Bob wants her to do. She has fantasized about kicking him in the nuts and scratching up the sides of his car.

4 Likes
12 Likes
6 Likes

20 Likes