White Culture

Disgraced former President still spouting off bullshit

Criticizing the Cleveland baseball team for changing their name from “Indians” to “Guardians”, old racist continues to make up whatever bullshit he’s thinking and state it as fact.

…I guarantee that the people who are most angry about it are the many Indians of our Country. Wouldn’t it be an honor to have a team named the Cleveland Indians, and wouldn’t it be disrepectful to rip that name and logo off of those jerseys?

13 Likes

OMFG. Who has ever looked at “Chief Wahoo” and thought, “that seems very respectful of our indigenous country folk!” ???
Yes, getting rid of this logo was a good choice, much overdue. In case anyone is unfamiliar:

13 Likes

Lots of white people? Or rather wypypo…

13 Likes

Ha! I think the wypipo liked it, but I think you might be giving them too much credit to think they thought about whether it was respectful or not. :wink:

12 Likes

Well, that’s been one of the primary arguments in favor of keeping these depictions, that they “honor” Native Americans… Whether they believe that or not is another story, but they certainly say that’s what they believe.

14 Likes

Oh, yuck. I did not know that. Yuck.
I mean, if we were “honoring” them wouldn’t the team be named after an actual tribe? Like, I could kind of see that case being made if there were an “Auburn Abenakes” (local town name and indigenous tribe) team, but just “Indians”?
To be clear, I know you are not making that case.

12 Likes

The Chicago Blackhawks have a native American logo. The team is named after the 86th Infantry Division (the Black Hawk division), which was named after Black Hawk who fought on the side of the British in the war of 1812, and of course in the eponymous Black Hawk wars.

My wife, a Native American, isn’t bothered by the Blackhawks logo because he is at least shown as a being strong and proud, and the team doesn’t use a Native American caricature in a costume. But she isn’t opposed to the team changing names either.

13 Likes

Right?

Maybe if the team were owned by said tribe, then sure! Otherwise, I personally find it to be still pretty much objectifying a culture…

I Know Aint No Sunshine GIF

:wink:

14 Likes

TIL there are good earworms!

9 Likes

Indeed…

10 Likes

racist dogs

(cartoon)

14 Likes
4 Likes

Palatka was the furthest point from home base in Gainesville for the package delivery company I worked for, and it was my route.
For context, there is a very small town between G’ville and Palatka named Whiteville. I tried to deliver a package there once (always the last on my route) and couldn’t find a neighbor who would accept a package for the Black church a couple of doors down.

12 Likes

Fuck, I can’t read that right now.

So damn tired of the shitty-ness which human beings are capable of…

9 Likes

28 Likes
16 Likes
13 Likes

Wow. I know the point is that this group is white AF. But also, how the heck did both Maine senators end up on there? I mean, last I checked, we only have about 1.3M people…and something like a fifth of the state is all forests with mainly forest/logging roads. Seems a bit of a mismatch in terms of representation.

11 Likes

And nobody from the continental west coast. Great.

12 Likes

Of course not! There is not “real” infrastructure out there… only deserts and private ranching land… /s

9 Likes