White Culture

Ew.

Some people are just gross.

14 Likes

She was. Also didn’t have much of a chance though. When she’d get in trouble, her mom would close her into a closet with a raw onion and she couldn’t come out until she ate the whole thing. People are fucked up.
Her mom also made “sugar cubes” as treats. Not to go in coffee or tea, just to eat. Poor kid. We were poor, too, but we got apple crisp occasionally, and didn’t have to eat onions as punishment.

16 Likes

You reminded me of an old joke/saying on that subject. There are probably other sources, but I found this:

Also heard versions that included pink when embarrassed, red when angry, green when sick, blue when cold, and grey when dead… :woman_shrugging:t4:

15 Likes

Totally! I remember an old stand up bit. Maybe Chris Rock? He’s saying, “why are we called ‘colored*?’ I’m Black. You (pointing to a white person), when you’re embarrassed, you’re pink,” and so on. Ending with something like, “you all are the ‘colored’ ones.”

*i mentioned it was old, right…?

14 Likes

And the freckles!

11 Likes

It all worked out in the end, though.

8 Likes

My family tree never got south of the English Channel. Procol Harem had us in mind when they wrote “Whiter Shade of Pale.”

9 Likes

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

13 Likes

Mayonegg

1 Like

All the fear mongering coming from 45 and his minions continues to work well - on his supporters:

15 Likes

confused unbreakable kimmy schmidt GIF

15 Likes

Well, what a nice turnaround! A huge percentage of POC are also worried about white disc–

Oh, I see.

16 Likes

This is the great tragedy of our age.

10 Likes

This is 60 million Americans.

What a bunch of snowflakes.

Or is that a racial slur now?

8 Likes

Pretty sure mine is the colour of pasta. And not the wholemeal kind, the bog standard white kind.

4 Likes

14 Likes
14 Likes

I used to work down the street from this place. It is a complete armpit of a neighborhood. This does not surprise me in the least.

7 Likes

A friend lived there for a few years.

7 Likes

It looks like a really nice dance studio, though. Good for them.

8 Likes