White Culture

This doesn’t start out good, obviously, but then there are suggestions from a psychiatrist for how to interact with white people who are either starting to turn or who are fully caught in the circle of hatred:

9 Likes

The reply white guys on this are… really something. This is a true and inoffensive tweet. It should not be in any way controversial.

13 Likes

I saw some dude going on about how wise it was to only allow landowers to vote…

Bunch of fascists.

12 Likes

You get one vote for every thousand acres you own.

11 Likes

Good old feudal democracy: your Count votes!

Sorry about joking but the replies there were really hard to comprehend for me. That said every rich white country needs to have a long hard look at itself to find out how it profited from the enslavement of people, and then to work out what they need to do to try and make up for that.

12 Likes

I think it’s a Roman idea that it makes sense to keep political power to people with property, because they have a vested interest in the state, where some peasant with nothing can always go somewhere else and be no worse off. I don’t agree but I do understand.

But things would be the opposite today – poor people have a vested interest in their country surviving, rich people can easily take off with their yachts and foreign holdings. So if that was wise then, think he’d be up for banning them from politics now?

10 Likes

Yeah. It is classist crap, of course. It’s more about keeping certain people in power.

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

10 Likes

Speaking as a landowner, I’d say it’s worth a shot!

8 Likes

:person_facepalming:

Like anyone ever said that’s not okay.

14 Likes

I like how she tells me without having to talk to her that she’s a raging asshole that I would never want to associate with. It’s her version of “good deed for the day.”

12 Likes

https://www.theroot.com/emmett-tills-accuser-wrote-a-secret-memoir-1849181392

Donham adds that she “always felt like a victim as well as Emmett” and “paid dearly with an altered life” for what happened to him.

No Way Reaction GIF by Originals

Also…

Spongebob Squarepants Reaction GIF

14 Likes

Holy hell socks. “I am the victim of my own terrible choices, just like the teenager I falsely accused and whose painful, horrific, unjust death was a victim of them.”
The poor, poor woman. :roll_eyes::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

13 Likes

Obligs:

14 Likes

Hear me out…

It is true that a white woman in a southern state at the time would have been a victim of the patriarchy. She could have been scared, sure.

But when did she repent? When did she leave her community and husband to move somewhere where she could start to publicly renounce the whole ugliness, including her part in it? When did she start working toward a solution? When was she marching arm-in-arm in the front rows of #BLM protests? When did she use her notoriety to get on the talk shows to spread the message?

Oh, you say we never heard from her again until – oops! – that pesky warrant resurfaced?

Yeah.

12 Likes

I will read her eventual obituary with much relish; hope whatever gets her is painful and slow.

11 Likes

15 Likes

Some ideas on flipping the script by Dulcé Sloan and Michael Harriot:

7 Likes

The set on that last part in the ritzy store reminds me of “Victoria’s Secret Karen”.

5 Likes

Tantrum Crying GIF

:wink:

6 Likes

maybe true… :upside_down_face:

9 Likes