White Culture

No, no, clearly today’s young readers are to blame. Only possible explanation, really.

7 Likes

I’ll put this one here, since it’s so firmly grounded in this cryptobro’s privilege.

Being yet another young white male Libertarian, his pre-emptive response to the article has been to double down on making the exchange a safe space for racists and misogynists and other bigots. From the indispensable Molly White:

9 Likes

That sure is a good way to say, “they’re only gonna hire fascists”, without telling me, “they’re only gonna hire fascists”.

12 Likes

It’s also a way of telling me to tell the people who ask my opinion of cryptocurrencies never to use Kraken. These rotten values translate directly into contempt for their customers.

9 Likes
6 Likes
11 Likes

Ugh… the more I read shit like that, the less I want to go up to that part of the metro… They might have the second largest university, but this kind of shit is trash.

8 Likes

Who James Patterson is hiring to write his books. So if those white dudes are not getting hired who is the real problem here?

1 Like

Speaking of Patterson,

7 Likes
11 Likes

Not that I expect any actual justice to be done, but just outing these racist asshats will perhaps make their lives a little bit less comfortable, anyway. I guess we have to take our wins where we can.

9 Likes

Update

9 Likes

Quiet part out loud.

7 Likes
10 Likes

parks and recreation please GIF

11 Likes

In case you’ll be in NYC–

12 Likes

Happy Surprise GIF by The Joy Experiment

That’s the guy who write the book about the Irish becoming white (which it says in the copy)!

I am far from NYC, sadly.

10 Likes

Sent to my daughter in NYC, thanks!

Although, technically…… but it’s still the sort of thing she and her friends would want to support.

11 Likes

Very white culture:

Kauffman said that she had initially felt Friends was unjustly singled out for its racial and ethnic homogeneity, saying, “It was difficult and frustrating.” But she said now she feels that criticism was fair.

“It was after what happened to George Floyd that I began to wrestle with my having bought into systemic racism in ways I was never aware of,” Kauffman said. “That was really the moment that I began to examine the ways I had participated. I knew then I needed to course-correct.”

Kauffman said Friends’ lack of diversity illustrated how she had internalized that systemic racism.

“I’ve learned a lot in the last 20 years,” she said to the Times. “Admitting and accepting guilt is not easy. It’s painful looking at yourself in the mirror. I’m embarrassed that I didn’t know better 25 years ago.”

12 Likes

Amber Ruffin said on the Jokes Seth Can’t Tell segment, that Friends is just a white remake of Living Single, and she’s not wrong.

7 Likes