White gunmen storm Michigan Capitol with assault-style rifles, lawmakers inside State House share disturbing video and photos

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/30/armed-gunmen-storm-michigan.html

8 Likes

Obligatory “imagine the response if these people were brown/muslim/far-left militants etc…”

77 Likes

Again, if Black or Brown people did shit like this, we would be shot on sight.

@Brainspore;

61 Likes

especually if they were *shivers sarcastically* kneeling respectfully in silent protest!

55 Likes

We’re stepping off the front steps a into the assembly hall… That’s one small step for a bunch of assholes with guns, one giant leap for domestic terrorism.

52 Likes

Assholes.

trump says drink bleach, people drink bleach. trump says “liberate” states and assholes take up arms.

Can somebody please SWAT these guys?

33 Likes

And just what exactly happens now?
A stern talking to, and no puddings for a fortnight?

41 Likes

Fun fact: You can bring your gun into the Michigan Capitol and legislative office buildings, because of the Second Amendment. You can’t bring in a sign, because you might bump the paintwork and signs are disruptive.

68 Likes

Maybe this is one of those situations where people are just using military-grade weaponry to threaten legislators “sarcastically.”

59 Likes

Why the fuck aren’t those asshats incapacitated immediately?

Oh, I see. Answered above.

Let me rephrase: is there any other country in the world where this would be considered acceptable?

46 Likes

Yep … just another day and another angry white man’s “sarcastic” primate pose.

Image via ABCNews

“No summonses were issued however two people were arrested for allegedly getting into a fight between themselves, according to Olesky.”

39 Likes

I’d be interested how “A well regulated Militia” factors into that, at all. :wink:

31 Likes

Christ what an asshole, Mr Beard there.

30 Likes

historic precedent - nazi stormtroopers, or specifically armed agents of a particular political party.

Beware and be vigilant.

22 Likes

I… honestly can’t tell if this is an actual fact or if you’re just being satirical here. I mean, I know the U.S. is a loony place, but surely it’s not really legal to carry firearms into a government assembly building, is it? They can put metal detectors in schools but not in the state capitol? If it really is legal, where’s the limit? Can you take your gun into the chamber? Into your congressperson’s office? If a group of terrorists wanted to shoot up the capitol, would the cops have to wait until somebody actually pulled the trigger to try to stop them? I mean… what the fuck?

41 Likes

What stopped these losers’ mental development at ten years old?

7 Likes

Don’t be silly, white people can’t be terrorists.

26 Likes

Oh I heard ‘you swore an oath to the constitution’ bellowed repeatedly by a moron with a camera. So, expect this to appear on a prominent 1AA YT channel soon…

6 Likes

Is this not armed insurrection? Help me understand that. WHY is this not open rebellion and armed insurrection?

44 Likes

In Virginia as well but, the Gov had the foresight to declare an emergency and to ban weapons on Capital grounds leading up to the recent Richmond gun rally. A rally that attracted many of the same types of gun toting dick heads. The ban was temporary yet effective. Perhaps the powers that be in Michigan might want to think about similar approaches.

36 Likes