White House Chief of Staff in a rage after leak reveals that Trump congratulated Putin against Cabinet advice

No, this is an individual who wishes they could be dictator congratulating another dictator. Nice try though.

4 Likes

Nice try?

“Without supervision” probably needs to be defined more, but I would think the warrantless surveillance by the NSA would qualify.

5 Likes

the leak that some believe was an attempt to embarrass the President

Why would it embarrass Trump that he did what he was not supposed to do? I assume he’d be proud and his base would cheer it.

My first reaction was that the leaks were face-saving by his intelligence advisers - “Hey, he’s an idiot, but we’re not idiots.”

3 Likes

Agreed.

We get a daily dose of how media is manipulated and stories are fabricated by everyone from interns to deep state, but both sides will still gleefully celebrate the stories that support their narrative.

I learned a long time ago that “anonymous sources” is likely bullshit, it’s tabloid at that point.

2 Likes

It is still unclear if Trump actually read the guidance that was given to him by his advisers.

It is still unclear if Trump can, in fact, read at all.

8 Likes

There’s nothing to suggest that directly in the source article. The president’s briefing materials come from various intelligence sources, but the ‘do not congratulate’ note could have been placed there by any of a number of people who handle the documents before it gets to the president’s desk. As the article states, the number of people who would have known it was in there was not large.

1 Like

To quote a line from The Big Bang Theory, “You tell him not to do something, that’s all he wants to do”.

I’m of the opinion he didn’t read the warning. But either option could be true. Or both.

4 Likes

What really pisses him off is that Putin told him he leaked the information when he was on the toilet.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump congratulated him just as a big, “Fuck you Kelly, you aren’t the boss of me” move.

5 Likes

The simplicity of the language is amusing. Perhaps it should have been more extensive.
“DO NOT WISH WELL”
“DO NOT BEAR GLAD TIDINGS”

1 Like

Naah. Occasionally he sounds coherent. When he does, it is because he is reading a speech written by somebody else.

3 Likes

Assumes that every US elected official has a background of corruption or sexual misconduct and so is vulnerable to blackmail.

It seems odd to start with a story about Trump’s subservience and indebtedness to a foreign leader, and his contempt for democracy, and turn this into a story about “US intelligence agencies are the real threat!!”

2 Likes

In the modern era, you should google “Iran-Contra” and work your way forward.

8 Likes

Trying to get us to believe your commie whitewashing, sir!!! We will have none of it!!! LOL

3 Likes

In the general case, I’m working hard to use positive language in my day-to-day life - reframing “do not [y]” to “do [x]”. In part I think it’s simply a better way of interacting with people, and also I recall reading some research somewhere that gave as a takeaway the observation that when given an instruction, people tend to remember the subject even as they promptly forget^ the qualification. Framing instructions with positive language aligns with that research.

It’s hard though - like swearing it tends to leak out when you aren’t constantly paying attention.

^ or ignore it, pace the “you’re not the boss of me” point by @Michael_Christian

2 Likes

I think is was the Yale child development lab that did a lot of work in this area. Mostly pertaining to kids of course. When giving direction it tends to work better with kids to find the “positive opposite” and use that as a direction. Example: Don’t put your feet on the couch vs Please put your feet on the floor.

3 Likes

This is drumpf we’re talking about …

1 Like

Just another day in that well ordered machine that s the Trump administration. Where nothing can ever go wrong…go wrong…go wrong…go wrong

3 Likes