White nationalists who got a $2.5m payout from UNC abuse the DMCA to censor lawyer's trove of documents about it

Klan members eat poop for breakfast, so I don’t know how much logic we can ascribe to them.

2 Likes

Ahh! I’m not talking about the useful klutz klan idiots. I’m talking about the Republican-appointed board of governors. This smells of a Two Man Con.

5 Likes

This is unbelievable. How on earth is this not a breach of fiduciary duty by the board?

7 Likes

A $2.6M false DMCA takedown lawsuit sounds about right.

3 Likes

So the court ruled against them, but as far as we know, they never actually had to pay any penalty? That seems about right - and must have had a discouraging effect on anyone else looking for legal remedy in such cases.

1 Like

Chainsword FTW

2 Likes

In that case, the defendants were convicted in absentia, as they had effectively disbanded as an organization, so there was no one to collect from.

Causing the NC Sons of Confederate Veterans to close up shop would be a positive outcome.

2 Likes

You’re not far wrong. Doucette has engaged attorneys, and they’ve written to the SCV:

6 Likes

By their own petard, hoisted. Wonderful.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.