White Starbucks customer rants on "discrimination" slowing his order

Was trying to figure out what class of disturbed person this might be. (How can you be discriminated against if you have to tell the oppressor your protected class?) Thinking maybe he’s of the same cohort as the “very well educated person” who was found on a commuter train a few years back:

[set in canonical vertical format]

2 Likes

Oh great. First the Alt Right get New Balance and now they take sweater vests.

3 Likes

And mentioned many other places. I asked [quote=“Auld_Lang_Syne, post:74, topic:89672”]
… what in that quote indicates mental illness …?
[/quote]
(Emphasis added.)

Because @plisanti seemed to be claiming that those words convinced him that his original assumption of

was incorrect.

Also, i’m disinclined to believe his self-reporting here. Our society has turned the mentally ill into targets of shame and concomitantly turned mental illness into a prime excuse for assholes.

4 Likes

My apologies for any misunderstanding on my part.

4 Likes

No apology necessary, but thank you.

4 Likes

From your article:

“In 2013, a woman brought a paternity lawsuit against him. The case remains open. At least three women have sued Sanguesa for either domestic or repeat violence in Miami-Dade County court. Restraining orders were issued in all three cases, though one case was eventually dismissed.”

Quelle suprise?

6 Likes

vertical format is great when you are trying to discreetly film a crazy encounter, because who films vertically? :slight_smile: plausible deniability.

6 Likes

I guess you could say he stood his grounds. :wink:

14 Likes

You forgot something…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

19 Likes

Indeed. You go, guy in the blue hat! Though maybe de-escalate next time instead of accepting the offer to go outside and fight…

2 Likes

What about Jenny’s number?

1 Like

Really?

Please explain what you intended by that post. From here, it appears somewhat creepy and stalkerish.

3 Likes

I think that one is pretty much public record at this point.

12 Likes

Well, that’s a different story… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If it does turn out this guy is mentally ill, how many here will retract their venom?

Not me. Mental illness is no excuse.

10 Likes

I’m mentally ill, to a degree sufficient to destroy my academic career and keep me largely housebound for the last several years.

If I behaved like the guy in the video, I would expect and deserve condemnation. And I would owe the staff and customers at that Starbucks a grovelling apology.

Mental illness is not a license to be an arse.

21 Likes

Um… hardly?

11 Likes

The whole “living there” thing is a bigger turnoff. Visiting family is much nicer.