Who invented the Kiini Bikini?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/07/who-invented-the-kiini-bikini.html

4 Likes

Katherine Rosman’s story in the New York Times makes a ripping yarn of the decade’s wildest and wooliest design theft.

13 Likes

Oh what a tangled web we weave!

13 Likes

sheep_small

8 Likes

Some people would rather punish the wicked than make another million. It’s possible to bankrupt yourself with victory.

9 Likes

That was a fascinating read. This woman is awful for having copied without giving any credit to the original artist. Hoping she gets everything she deserves.

9 Likes

That top would never work for me, never.

13 Likes

Couldn’t care less about bikinis, but I hope the litigious parasite is sued into bankruptcy. She sounds like the type of miserable person who’s mission is to spread her misery to everyone around her.

6 Likes

I bet Victoria’s Secret is really pissed off after settling. Ipek Irgit better hope that they can’t come after her now.

2 Likes

After finishing reading a long article that was linked in a BB piece, do you ever think:
I should submit this to Boing Boing…

NAL, but if she committed proven fraud, any settlement would be void and subject to countersuit. I guess, they’d have to weigh what their recouped value would be if they sued vs. the cost of suing. And, whether the “Kiini” fad has cooled off: can they now make money issuing knockoffs?

4 Likes

That, my friend, is the textbook definition of a Pyrrhic victory.

2 Likes

I consider myself a very punny person, but that made me groan out loud. (also: nice reaction gif!)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.