Who is wrong here? The tailgater or the brake-checker?

Somebody mock up some code so we can run this out to 10,000.

7 Likes

I hope this is a joke. The only evidence you need is a dictionary.

1 Like

It’s clearly a joke but spend any time on the internet and you’ll start to believe it’s true.

3 Likes

It’s a metaphor for life.

4 Likes

All the evidence I have seen across the Internet says that “should of” is a valid alternative spelling for “should have” in the USA, but I still don’t buy it.

3 Likes

Yes, pretty much a repeat of the last time, EXCEPT…

I dug up the actual trucker who captured the dashcam footage and he had some additional details to add.

2 Likes

This is just from my mind, but the written word “brake” is one of the quickest ones to hit word fatigue where it becomes not-a-word in my mind. And at that point, “break”, my more frequently used spelling of the same vocalized word, steps in to safe the day.

But, yeah, brake is no longer a word in my mind for quite a while. I’ve had to change it several times just writing this post!

1 Like

maybe 70/30 leaning toward the tailgater. there is no excuse for ever driving that close to someone’s bumper at that speed. on the other hand, brake-checking is dumb, it’s better just to change lanes to get out of the tailgater’s way.

both were being overly aggressive jackasses, but the brake-checker gets away scott free in this instance.

2 Likes

aw man haha was that intentional

1 Like

Heh, I wish. My brain is fried today. Long day at work.

1 Like

that’s probably the main point here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We can’t tell from this video whether the person in front had a legit reason to hit the brakes. We can’t see what’s going on inside the car and unless you’re Deckard in Blade Runner or the tech guy from Law & Order, we can’t enhance the image enough to see if anything small might have been in the road.

The front car might have done a malicious thing. We can’t tell whether braking was justified or not. We can definitely tell that the rear car was not leaving a safe distance between cars, and there’s no justification for that.

4 Likes

Alternate spellings ain’t acceptable, until they are.

1 Like

I think it’s pretty safe to say the driver in front put on the brakes to brake-check the driver behind, even if there’s insufficient evidence to stand up in court. There’s no other visible reason to have done so, and there’s not a whole lot of reasons to tap one’s brakes like that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.