Whodini's Album Escape Goes Platinum

[Permalink]

1 Like

Piskor delivers again, thanks man!

1 Like

I just want to say. I love these. I hope I havenā€™t missed any. When I grow up* Iā€™m going to buy all the comics.

My introduction to Hip Hop was buying Peoples Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm in my first year at university in 1991. Iā€™d heard ā€œHam ā€˜nā€™ Eggsā€ and ā€œI Left My Wallet in El Segundoā€ and liked them. Plus my buddies were into it too so it had to be good. Ever since Iā€™ve strongly leaned towards the Native Tongues rather than gangsta side of hip hop but I love reading all this background stuff.

*Living in Japan, my wife has the credit card in her name so I have to be extra careful what I buy.

1 Like

Another Japan resident eh? Off topic but its no longer as hard to get a credit card here as it used to be. Iā€™ve had several in my name for going on 10 years now. It helps if you have permanent resident status (which you can get if you are married a few years) but it isnā€™t required, I got mine when I was still on a spouse visa. You can also order Hip Hop Family Tree off amazon japan and pay COD or cash at your local combini.

I wasnā€™t in to Hip Hop, but I really enjoy these strips. They are full of fun and enthusiasm for the subject.

I never thought of looking there. Just the free postage rather than international to JP would make it more attractive. :slight_smile:

English edition is here. There is a Japanese edition out as well.

Thanks. That kinda blows my mind that thereā€™s a Japanese edition already. Cool.

I posted some observations about it a while back.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.