Why are you unvaccinated?

I don’t know if they kept records like that back when I was in school; the high school does now have a web site (but doesn’t seem to know things like when high school class reunions are.) Maybe they threatened to put stuff on your “permanent record”, but in my case if that existed it would have been a piece of paper in a file folder that was almost certainly never digitized. I don’t know if either of my pediatricians are still alive, but since both had kids my age, I’m sure they’ve long ago retired.

The record-keeping gaps that are my fault are mainly from when I was travelling overseas in the 80s/90s; I got a couple of shots, probably some hepatitis version, but I don’t know which. I’m another practitioner of the “get stuck with rusty nails / cat bites / etc. frequently” school of keeping tetanus boosters up to date (but I should check whether the last one was the DPT version or tetanus only.)

I suppose I should talk to my doctor about getting the MMR vaccination, which I never had. It didn’t exist when I was a kid, got measles immunity the hard way, got something that was probably mumps, and rubella wasn’t very common, and I didn’t have kids so didn’t get the vaccine for that reason.

Shingles vaccine schedule says wait until I’m 60, but I’m definitely getting that one. Chicken pox sucked badly, and I’ve seen older relatives and friends going through severe pain from shingles.

Mod note: Stay on topic.

Indeed.

What’s your drivers license number? I’ll tell you how it is relevant to my point later.

In word, in deed. It’s all the same to some.

1 Like