Why do people in TV and films rarely say "goodbye" while on the phone

I have to slow down modern animated films by about 10% just to be able to follow what’s going on

I guess today’s kids have faster brains :brain:

5 Likes
3 Likes

They’d do this with Charlie Brown Christmas. The part with “get some iodine!” (for example) was cut out. Then they’d run it again on another night, closer to Christmas, with the previously edited parts left intact.

3 Likes

the simpsons adult GIF

:grin::wink:

7 Likes

“Hail them Mr. Worf”
after ringing them for just 2 seconds,
“No response.”

3 Likes

So do I.

9 Likes

Hell even if you try to ping a remote server it tries four times!

4 Likes

Wow. That was incredibly educational. I thought I was losing my mind because I suddenly couldn’t follow or enjoy action sequences anymore. This totally answered why. I guess I’ll keep rewatching ‘80s action and classic Hong Kong cinema flicks then. I wonder if anyone curates a list of modern films with no shaky-cam-fast-cut editing.

I knew it had started with the Bourne films. I found them totally unwatchable but, again, wasn’t sure why. Then everything went that way rather suddenly.

4 Likes

I just watched Ronin again – the car chases are unworldly.

3 Likes

I’m definitely not a big Adam Sandler fan, but his hilariously angry character in the sketch really got to me – and appeared to presage his excellent turn in Punch-Drunk Love.

1 Like

you sneaky beatle.

3 Likes
3 Likes

One of my faves! I have watched that many many times :grin:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.