Why impact lawn sprinklers are so amazing

I will raise a toast(ed to perfection) to that!

A lot of people want things that are bad for them and for the world around them. There is a medium between golf course and unkempt vacant lot. The objections to lawns aren’t mainly about critters; they’ll find their way in even if they can’t subsist on your personal patch of living Astroturf. It’s about the water and chemical use that is completely stupid and unnecessary.

2 Likes

I am, and always have been, very much of the anti-lawn mindset. Yet I myself have, quite gleefully, purchased both a new weedeater and lawnmower this year, so as to more effectively push the flippin’ jungle back. But also to slow nature’s effort to reclaim the structures. Because if there’s one thing with way too much free time, it’s nature.

The snakes can stay in the barn as long as they eat the mice that the cats won’t. But the ticks will continue to be pushed back as far as I can manage, because not everyone can easily deploy a fleet of Guinnea Hens to eat all them little bastards.

You basically nailed it, yup. I’m a YouTuber who also films a lot of moving mechanical things, and this artifact is an interplay between MPEG compression and a rolling shutter. One of the reasons I really need to invest in a full frame camera. These artifacts can be mostly avoided with composition, but not entirely.

3 Likes

Ditto. He’s clear, concise, well-tempoed and his videos aren’t overrun with questionable stock music choices and pointless camera zoom jumps. Whenever he posts a new video I put it on while I make dinner.

1 Like

Landscaping with native plants is both an ecological boon to your local area (especially for pollinators) and a big water saver. No pesticides needed, and low-maintenance once established. It’s the anti-lawn, and looks beautiful.

You can have mouse problems, even if you are surrounded by an evil lawn. That’s a whole other thing.

1 Like

Cakes are round.

Cat or Jack Russle Terrier will make short work of mice!

This was neat, but I was hoping he’d also show the little gears that let it reverse. Somewhere on the net is a hypnotic video showing how they work.

I loved this one! I want one of those toasters.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.