Why (or why not) to vote for Bernie Sanders

I think the article makes some good points, but still doesn’t grasp our 2015 grassroots dynamic like most of our establishment, corporate media.

There’s also a lot of other flaws that border on outright bullshit. For example, the NYT makes a big to-do of the amount of blacks at Sanders’ events.

Um, why did they pick 2012 when Obama had much more name recognition? They should be comparing 2007 with his first run against Hillary.

And, what the NYT doesn’t mention is that Obama had mostly white people show up to his earlier events as well:

Here’s 2007, Mr Obama’s open-air rallies draw huge (mostly white) crowds. Nevertheless, as the year wears on, Hillary Clinton stubbornly clings to her 20-odd per cent poll lead.

- source

This is Texas in 2007 with basically the same percentage of blacks that Sanders had.

Also, the NYT isn’t taking into account the much more pervasive presence of online social media. There’s many blacks that show support for Sanders on Facebook and Twitter that’s going to catch the establishment off-guard.

Unfortunately, I don’t have further time to take this article apart, but it does have critical flaws. Frankly, I think the media is headed for a lot of embarrassment as time goes on. The NYT has been spelling doom and gloom for Bernie Sanders from the very beginning and being proven increasingly wrong as time, massive crowds and support builds for Sanders despite their incessant naysaying.

Speaking of… crowds:

So, Sanders got 15,000 people the other day in Seattle after the BLM fiasco. Well, 24 hours later Bernie is greeted by:

Bernie Sanders packs 28,000 people in sports arena

https://berniesanders.com/press-release/bringing-people-together/

How long before 40-50,000 people? How long before the corporate media has to finally admit Bernie Sanders can really win the White House? The media doesn’t want to talk about it, however in states where Obama drew large crowds before 2008, it reflected later wins for him. I mean, they can shrug off 28,000 people this early in the race, I suppose, but it’s increasingly looking like denial.

5 Likes