BLM protests at Sanders rally

I don’t think you realize how many people (black Americans and other POC, etc.) are now beginning to recoil from the BLM organization at large, or at the very least recoiling from the specific tactics used the other day that I’ve been addressing within this thread.

Here is just one Facebook post of many that now has about 7 MILLION views since only yesterday:

Please read the top comments from blacks and other people of color. Please listen to what they are saying.

They’re overwhelmingly positive towards Bernie while overwhelmingly negative towards the BLM organization. This is not good for the BLM movement. This stinks because I support the BLM, however the one-sided, partisan attacks of hyperbole and lies against Sanders is already backfiring and setting the BLM backwards.

I also don’t think you realize how powerful and huge the movement (with blacks and POC) behind Sanders has become. People really shouldn’t screw with us with partisan lies because we WILL call them out. There WILL be repercussions.

Constructive criticism? Fine.

Partisan lies? Not fine. We will spread the truth. Expect us.

That’s not a threat, it’s a promise. Too much is at stake and the corporate media will compliantly spread those partisan lies if we simply sit on our hands and let that bullshit stand. We’re not going to do that. We are not John Kerry’s weak campaign. We are not Howard Dean’s campaign. We are in this to win.

Being disruptive is one thing, but telling outright, vicious, partisan lies against Sanders and his supporters (who also happen to be POC) is quite another. For example, spreading the lie that Sanders’ supporters in Seattle are “white supremacist racists” (as they did) is a fantastic way to have the BLM organization lose wide support and implode on itself.

A long time ago, some marketing agencies spread the oft-repeated mantra that “all publicity is good publicity”. That’s untrue. The reality is bad publicity more often has regressive, destructive overall effects on organizations. If the BLM organization keeps utilizing outright partisan lies against Sanders, they will implode and it will hurt the overall movement against police brutality to some extent as well.

I’ll put it this way, most people wouldn’t normally even blink an eye that funding for the BLM organization happened to come from the same billionaire that’s funding Hillary Clinton’s campaign. However, when extremist elements within the BLM organization start spreading actual lies against Sanders and his supporters while remaining completely and utterly silent on Hillary Clinton – The BLM is going to look increasingly like a partisan Hillary Clinton hit squad against Bernie Sanders. This is destructive on multiple levels considering all the support from POC that Sanders already has (despite what the corporate media tells you).

We need to be moving forward in unity, not backwards. Telling lies is going backwards.

Disruption is good. Partisan lies are bad.

This is Killer Mike:

Time for some of you white, ivory tower liberals on Boing Boing to to push aside your own cherished ideologies and listen to what black people are actually saying in huge numbers.

The BLM organization screwed up.

1 Like