Why (or why not) to vote for Bernie Sanders

I ask you all to read this whole thing. (It’s now at 7 million views since yesterday)

Please read all the comments and look at who they are from. The overwhelming majority are people of color against what the BLM organization did to Sanders that day.

After the protests, several people came up and wanted to talk. Many were furious—some white people said they no longer support BLM. Others said they do support it but this erodes their support.

Most blacks and other POC feel the exact, same way about it. That was a bad day for the BLM organization on multiple levels.

Here’s what I would love even more: for the Sanders campaign and BLM nationally to sit down and talk about an agenda on racial justice that he can use his presidential platform to help move. Imagine rolling out that agenda and inviting black people to talk about it on stage with him.

I think that’s a great idea. However, after this last stunt, I’m not sure the BLM organization is the one to do it alone. I think it’s perhaps time to look at some other grassroots movements that also fight against police brutality and invite them onto the fold as well. If the BLM organization continues its present course and crashes, we really shouldn’t allow it to stall the overall movement against police brutality and racism.

Bernie Sanders Hires #BlackLivesMatter Supporter and Criminal Justice Advocate Symone Sanders as Press Secretary.

@funruly, of course, posted the video of her speaking at Sanders’ rally here:

Bernie Sanders brought the BLM into the fold in a very inclusive manner by making a BLM activist his Campaign Press Secretary and the thanks he got from others in the BLM organization was partisan, vicious lies against himself and his supporters.

With progressive friends like this, who needs corporatist enemies?

https://cdck-file-uploads-global.s3.dualstack.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/boingboing/optimized/3X/e/c/ecfcbe806d4a6cd5432be747ccdd5fcdbf4a216e_1_376x500.jpg

Unless the BLM organization wants people to question some of their motives and erode themselves into oblivion, I would suggest that they knock off the partisan lies against Sanders and his supporters and stick with facts and constructive criticism in the future.

Also, remaining absolutely silent on Hillary Clinton is getting increasingly suspect. This open letter has been unanswered for far too long:

Read the top comments at this video here and the video on the BLM stunt is good as well:

I think most further discussion of the BLM organization should be put into a separate, new thread before this thread goes too far off-topic. They are just one issue of many dire issues affecting all Americans in this country and the world. Sanders supports the BLM and most of the BLM supports Sanders. Here’s part of Sanders’ plan to fight police brutality, etc.:

Racial Justice - Bernie Sanders

The BLM has done a lot of good, but they screwed up the other day. However, many Sanders supporters (including me) still support the BLM organization overall despite their screw up. If the BLM continues to ignore Hillary Clinton while attempting to use Sanders and his supporters as a punching bag with vicious, partisan lies, then my support (and many others) will erode and it will be time to advance other groups that are against police brutality in their place.

The rest I would say about this is already said here:

2 Likes