Why (or why not) to vote for Bernie Sanders

Those superdelegates, behaving contrary to democracy itself, are a very good reason to vote for Sanders.

5 Likes

#Jump In The Line, Rock The Vote This Time

8 Likes

Interesting new adā€¦

7 Likes

oh my lord Iā€™m bawling. jesus fucking christ. heā€™s given Black Lives Matter his megaphone.

6 Likes

I canā€™t begin to comprehend how mindblowing I find this political ad. 4 minutes long! 2 1/2 before she even mentioned his name? such a thing is only possible in the post-TV world, where, free of the constraints of commercial TV advertising constraints, you can produce a 4 minute pitch on the native platform of millenials, youtube.

Sanders is getting the 20-somethings to tell their parents and grandparents how they will vote.

7 Likes

Not watching tonightā€™s debate, Iā€™m all debated out.

But it sounds like Sanders is making Clinton look foolish with her Kissinger comments, which serves her right.

He really does need someone to work with him on his own foreign policy though. I donā€™t think he much cares about it, but he needs to. He canā€™t keep talking about the vote on going to Iraq.

It shouldnā€™t be too hard to come up with something better than Clintonā€™s hawkishness.

3 Likes

Wasnā€™t one of the major talking points when Obama picked up Biden as VP his ā€œunderstanding of foreign policy?ā€

Only to keep Biden far, far away from actual policy? Would have been good case for Obama/Clinton as well.

1 Like

Oh heā€™s had his hands in plenty of actual policy unfortunately.

Eggszackly.

1 Like

Words fail me.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/civil-rights-hero-john-lewis-burns-bernie-in-all-my-years-of-activism-i-never-saw-him-never-met-him/

1 Like

I couldnā€™t give a fuck what that blokeā€™s record is - heā€™s obviously a low-down dirty stooge now. Heā€™s been bought, no doubt.

Bernieā€™s policies on income inequality and the criminal ā€˜justiceā€™ system alone are proof this guy no longer gives a shit.

1 Like

Plus, he canā€™t properly dimple a tie.

1 Like

I love John Lewis, I truly do. Heā€™s an asset to Atlanta. But just because he doesnā€™t know an activist, doesnā€™t mean they arenā€™t activists. There are likely thousands upon thousands of activists that Rep. Lewis has never met, doesnā€™t mean they donā€™t do good work.

4 Likes

Itā€™s a weird criticism of Sanders if you favour Clinton instead anyway, given that at the time she was a Goldwater supporter (admittedly, young) who then went on to work for Nelson Rockefeller (edit: and Gerry Ford).

6 Likes

Yeah. Lewis is part of the political establishment in GA. He, my congresscritter Hank Johnson, and Mayor Kasim Reed all came out for Hillary the last time she was in town, when she came to the Atlanta University Center, I think it was. Apparently some good percentage of the students walked out. I think weā€™re seeing the exact same generation split we saw during Civil rights, where most grown ups in positions of power within the black community looked askance at Lewis and his cohort in SNCC. I think maybe what John Lewis needs to do is ask himself ā€œwhat would Ella Baker do?ā€, because if anyone was speaking truth to power, both to white/class supremacy and to the black bourgeoisie, it was her. Although, I doubt sheā€™d come out and directly support Sanders, but rather work to empower people to better speak to powerā€¦

5 Likes

Holy shit Harry Belafonte!

At least some of whom are standing right next to him in photos.

ETA: I find it really sad that heā€™s ā€œHilary Supporterā€ John Lewis in this. Not ā€œcivil rights leaderā€ John Lewis. But what are young people going to think of someone who advocated for change in the past and for the status quo now.

14 Likes

Thereā€™s finally some new polling data coming out of Nevada.

And itā€™s reporting a tie
[pdf link]

Sanders, Clinton, Undecided - 45/45/9

7 Likes

I guess old people donā€™t realize young people know how to internet. Other people who are not eligible for social security will be able to find this pic just as quickly. Good. Let the lying liars boil in their own stew of lies.

4 Likes
6 Likes