Why (or why not) to vote for Bernie Sanders

Looking good for Sanders early doors.

6 Likes

12 Likes

A celebration song for Bernie Sanders winning the democratic primary in a state with the most anti-union governor in the country. A vote for Bernie Sanders is a middle finger to Scott Walker! Congrats on Wisconsin Bernie!

10 Likes

FAQ: Can Sanders win?

Answer: Sanders keeps winning.

20 Likes
6 Likes

D-S-A! D-S-A! D-S-A! D-S-A!

2 Likes

21 Likes

I want to like that multiple times. Instead, I’ll ask permission to repost it on my Facebook :smiley:

4 Likes

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: :scales:

I vaguely remember something about him stopping the closure of Gitmo, or something. And voting against the Brady bill. The latter one is certain not vague.

Or something like that. If you are going to allude to legislative action taken by either of the current democratic candidates in a negative way please don’t forget the entire back story.

But every time the issue of ongoing injustices at Guantanamo is raised, one hears the same apologia from the President’s defenders: the President wanted and tried to end all of this, but Congress — including even liberals such as Russ Feingold and Bernie Sanders — overwhelming voted to deny him the funds to close Guantanamo. While those claims, standing alone, are true, they omit crucial facts and thus paint a wildly misleading picture about what Obama actually did and did not seek to do.
http://www.salon.com/2012/07/23/the_obama_gitmo_myth/

2 Likes

And the Brady bill Nay?

And that link; got anything newer? I looked it up, the other results seems to disagree.

I disagree with Bernie Sanders vote on the Brady bill, and your lines of text on that are not missing any important backstory that could highlight his vote on that piece of legislation in any other way. That is also why I am not challenging either of your last two sentences, only your first one.

2 Likes

Okay then,

(sorry for editing the post, wasn’t expecting a reply so quickly)

2 Likes

We all do that sometimes, there is nothing wrong with editing, and I did reply rather fast. :grin:

You have peaked mein curiosity! Can you provide a link? EstarĂ­a muy agradecido!

1 Like

I just google Sanders gitmo vote. It may just be newer articles pointing out he said he wanted it closed, and it was pointed out he voted against it.

2 Likes

That was a good result-

Going back to the projections that fivethirtyeight published (Note- I don’t necessarily agree with their analysis, but they are open enough to publish their projections and reasoning, and keep them up when they go wrong ) they had Sanders at +5 in Wi just a few weeks ago, before Ohio, and interestingly, their projection “as if the trace was tied 50:50” was +13 for Sanders in WI. Which is mightily close to the actual result.

So overall, it’s all down to how well the voting goes in the big states that are left, which means this is going to keep rolling all the way to California,

4 Likes

True, I am not really with Bernie on guns. That’s about it though.

1 Like

Right now google is telling me 47 delegates to 36 but this morning it was telling me 45 to 38. I hope it’s the former because that’s reflective of the votes (and because I hope Sanders wins, but I’d be really disappointed if Clinton was lucking into disproportionate delegates).

I’m updating a spreadsheet with Silver’s “miracle path” vs actual results. Obviously it’s too early to say anything. New York is in two weeks, that will give us real information.

5 Likes

Bernie must win New York. I hope his campaign is furiously buying ads rights now.

1 Like