Why (or why not) to vote for Bernie Sanders

Yeah, I cringe, too.

4 Likes

So which “ethnicity” is it that’s causing the problem, anyway?

Which “background” is preventing us from having nice things?

14 Likes

Do we need a “Fuck the yesterdays” [or maybe “Fuck the days of yore”] thread?

1 Like

In Melbourne, we have more Greeks than Athens does.

And I hate when people mean white Australians when they say Aussie. The Wogs Out of Work guys in their telly show Acropolis Now tried to popularise ‘skip’ instead (after the telly show Skippy), and I’m happy to go with that.

2 Likes

This is brutal:

Plenty on #ColoredPeopleTime on twitter

5 Likes

What the hell is Clinton wearing in that? Is she courting the 1%-ers by wrapping herself in 18 carat gold flashing now?

2 Likes

Maybe just preparing to face Donald Trump in the general in some kind of bling vs bling battle.

But speaking of catering to 1%-ers, there were some tweets about how she’s making racist jokes now because she’s already won the south. You’ve voted for her, she’s done with you.

6 Likes

I saw this earlier. Why would you try and make oh-so-clever-and-edgy ‘not actually racist’ jokes?

FWIW, I’d never heard of CP Time until today.

4 Likes

I never had either. Where I live I’ve heard “island time” which was a pretty racially tinged way to talk about Jamaican Canadians (though I think that one actually originated from a tourism ad from Jamaica itself). From the sounds of it, though, in New York people know what Colored People Time means.

3 Likes

White people, who spent centuries telling others that they are lazy, slow, or both, are not funny when they try to joke about “black people time” or “coloured people time.”

It’s from at least 1972.

7 Likes

Endorsement of Sanders by Sen. Jeff Merkley of Oregon:

12 Likes

http://www.amazon.com/Feeling-Bern-Butt-Chuck-Tingle-ebook/dp/B01E1J3PU2/

6 Likes

Interesting contrast today between Sanders and Clinton re: striking Verizon employees

Sanders was attacked by the Verizon CEO

Whereas Clinton has previously been paid >$200K for a speech at Verizon, and has also fundraised with Verizon lobbyists.

11 Likes

To win the majority of pledged delegates, Bernie needs to win 56.4% of the remaining delegates (orange line). So far in the race Bernie has won 45.6% of the delegates (green line). If you split the states by those part of the “south” and the “non-south”, Bernie has won 55.8% of the delegates from non-southern states (blue line). The only southern state left to vote is Kentucky. Values for future contests are placed at values which would allow Bernie to win by one delegate.

Bernie has won 55.8% of delegates in non-southern states so far. To win the majority of delegates he needs to win 56.4% of the remaining delegates. Don't let others discourage you. We are less than 1% away from being on right on track to win. - Album on Imgur

2 Likes

Sanders just sent out a mailer asking people to fund/support Zephyr Teachout for congress.

Which is nice.

15 Likes

27 Likes

Cowicide?

29 Likes

Welcome back stranger!

22 Likes

Fuck yeah, it’s Cowicide!

:heart_eyes: :cow: :syringe:

20 Likes

Let the cow bern through.

12 Likes